Sat - Anyone fancy it?

Adam F

Looks like a weather window is opening on Saturday...

NW winds, F2 all day.

Im going to take BW out...anyone else fancy it? either from Xchurch over to the island - or Poole out for Blondes?

Fingers crossed the weather holds.

Adam

winds look good biggrin.gif

temperature looks bad sad.gif

going to be fishing a lot of ebb further out; unless you get going really early.

really haven't been catching on the ebb on the marks I have been fishing - are others finding the same?

however all things condsidered etc etc I will start earning brownie points now............ ph34r.gif

Not too sure about wrecking, I think further out may be a tad lumpy for us smaller boats.

We are going to launch from Poole at 7.30, and head out to the Spoils or maybe the banks off Anvil for some blondes and cod.

I have found the flood to be a better tide, with the ebb not really producing the goods.

See you down there!

AF

Exactly Adam - must be a prduct of a number of factors that lead to the area being generally poor on the ebb.

Needles seems to be good on the start of the ebb - fish waiting for stuff out of the solent? If this were the case you would thing the mid flood off the spoils area would be getting the Poole Harbour water..........maybe thats the problem!

West of Durlston seems to be less sensitive to the ebb; but don't get round enough at this time of year.

dont now if we are going out yet mum wants dad to go and buy a new bathroom for me and daniel.

but me and daniel sed we were happy with the one we have got would rather build a new boat biggrin.gif

the new boat keeps moving back down the list of things to do

sam

Hi All,

I'm hoping to get out and fish X-ray area; here I've had most success with a good ebb ...... if whiting are still about ....... plus a few surprises as the tide changes [top or bottom of the tide].

Going out at first high should be no trouble over the Bar but I'll have to be careful coming in on the first of the flood, though this is easier when the water is pushing in.

Anyone know if fish are still about this end of the bay ???

Alun.

a guarded probably - just gone out a got a new washing machine 'cos I can't fix this one; providing I can get it all sorted tonight then I will head down early tomorrow...... sad.gif .... and pushing off around 0930h

picking up on the earlier disussions re tides etc I don't think I will rush out but, if the sea state remains good, I will look to fish the flood into darkness and head in around 1800.

had my pb cod on the same tides / timing 12 months ago I remember and the last of the flood through dusk should be as good as it's going to get..... smile.gif

will call you up at some point one way or another!

biggrin.gif Overdraft will be heading out early a.m. and no doubt Bob & Adam will come steaming passed, as long as its not when were cooking breakfast !!! co's we don't do takaways! lets hope for calm day weather wise and a hectic day on thre rods,see you out there

kim ph34r.gif woolly hats on

yup - Phaeton now pretty much confirmed (the washing machine works) but remaining on a late start.

Nothing I will look forward to more than hearing about all the big fish caught during the morning ebb..... rolleyes.gif

Someone remind me - you guys on 06 or 08 - still confused from the cod comp!