Junior Competition 2014

Sam

Hi sam I bought a fantastic light ugly stick rod with fugi rings in Australia for my little cousin a while back to try and coax her and her dad to do more fishing but to no success. The rod has never been used but i am sure some girl would love it as its PINK. I will be happy to donate the rod as a prize for a girl. but it does not have a bag I can bring it to Parkstone marina and leave it with your dad for you to inspect. It wasn't cheap so will be a nice prize.

Malcolm N

never too early to start chris, i was younger than that when i started lol.

malcolm that would brilliant thanks again, 

dave i was going to run max age of a junior with the same as the clubs guildlines for juniors, any information you have dave which can have will be great.

any more kids out there that will enjoy this, the more the merrier

My boys are up for this, and I'll do what I can as a Dad.

Just hope the weather is better this year. Boys wanted to get out a lot more last year but the weather gods didn't play ball.  The same goes for the Club comps- would live to fish them all...

In fact the weather has been better either end of the summer the last few years- worth running comp until end of Sept?

We'd definitely be up for a ride on a big boat! 

Sam's been out on a few club boats- I think the skippers would vouch he's not a problem ;)

Dom might just be old enough now for a day afloat fishing- he did 2 full days on Star Turn during the Air Festival last year- no issues at all.

Anyway...

1. Jayden Wald
2. Ellie Witheford
3. Daniel Burt
4. Jack Allen
5. Reuben Franklin
6. Thomas Boyle
7. Jacob Givans

8. Sam Annear

9. Dom Annear

hi charlie

it would be great to get as many kids as possible involved and i know jayden has always got on with your two so im sure he would love to fish with both of them.

i think from the feedback i am going to run two fishing days on a selection of boats instead of a species comp this year and see what the interest is like with the kids

sam

Sam

The Wessex AT run a junior comp for the fish of the month, as you will see one of the club's juniors won specimen fish of the year, well done Jacob! :)

Here is a link to the page http://anglingtrustwessex.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Jun-FOM-2009-2014-2.pdf

It appears that the form for fish of the month is not on the site for some reason, so I will get one and post it up for you.

It would be good to see PBSBAC up there on the winners list, it is not always the biggest fish that wins so any fish is worth an entry.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

now we have a decent list of juniors I want to run two half days of fishing and possibly organise a bbq after the second at my place

Can I have an idea from the committee of dates that would work for the two days I.e. One July and one in august.

Then I can put a format up of how it is going to run

Cheers

Sam