Mudeford - run and bar

Wedger

Are the summer channel markers out yet, or do we have a date if not?

I recall they are usually out around Easter. Looked on the mudeford webcam and can only pick out one red close in. The others could of course be further east out of shot.

Trev

Was out yesterday with Alun. When we went out no markers were there, but when we came in they were! Quite a narrow channel. I think they probably still need to add an outer pair for lrager boats. The slipway tax hut has beeen rescued from storm oblivion and reinstated.

Also, I hesitate to report this, but the fishing was pants. Murky water most areas. It seems to me that the sediment dropped on the ledge from the storms is being stirred up on the bigger tides. Needs to clear I think before it picks up.

Bream I catch are often full of green weed.

Whatever was colouring the water we saw yesterday must be very, very small particles and very mobile in moving water....don't think it would stay or blanket anything.....just get swept away to somewhere very calm where it would settle.

I'll be trying again next week in the smaller tides.