Lure Storage

PLD

Have been building a small collection of soft plastic lures, Sidewinders, Tsunamis, Berkleys, etc. and was wounding what the best method of storage is. There are currently in original packaging, but this takes up a fair bit of space.

Are they ok to store together loose in a plastic tub? Have read about possible problems with colours bleeding, plastics reacting together and meltdown? With the price of these lures it would be great to get some advice from other members.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

When I'm wrecking I haven't really got time to worry about storing them as the large metal giant normally claims them (in it to win it and all that) lol ...... a standard tackle box with removable blades is what I use poindesters do them for about £7 they are shallow so fit in seat box nicely and pretty robust ..... As for the colour bleeding I have never found this on sidewinders and not being funny but we use lures that are in a very poor state after a pollack has hit it 3-4 times and they still catch fish ..... I believe it's more down to the skipper setting you on the right drift !!!!! Hope this helps ....

On board, I use a small plastic bucket with some holes cut in the wall for plastics and the bigger pirks are hung from the rim. Failing that, John Norris of Penrith are doing some very good lure boxes, double sided, with a total of 14 partitions for about £6.00. I use these for my salmon plugs and spinners.

Terry.