Trim and tilt problem?

JIMBOB

Can anyone offer any advise to a strange problem on my Suzuki DF70?, The trim works fine if the engine is not running, however while its running it trips the boat electrics if pressed, cutting the engine and electronics on-board, this happens if you use the tilt button on the engine and the one on the throttle. It started today and sometimes its delayed so it trims a bit then everything cuts out! Its shorting somewhere but why only while running? :unsure:

I'd say damp, tracking to earth somewhere. Can be intermittent and variable. Just a thought.

Higher voltage when running, just bringing in enough charge to trip. Has to be damp as my first guess.

Thanks one batterys new but the other is a tad corroded, I'll check it all over, the throttle and front console all got just a bit damp Stuck on its mooring during the recent monsoons with two smashed Windows! :(

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

James, I had a similar problem on Neo. It was one of the batteries had a poor connection, so when the trim was used with engine running, it used to dim lights and cause GPS to cutout etc. ( this happens because the trim pulls much more current than gps etc. )

Difference though was the trim worked slowly ( as in flat battery like ) when the engine was not running.