Shambles anyone

JIMBOB

Hi all ,its been a long winter!! And Dawn raider has spent it in my drive getting a bit of TLC and draining my pockets!! Planning on having a go on the shambles Thursday/ Friday . Any one else thinking if giving the bank a try any time soon? any one tried yet? I have herd the shambles hasn't been fishing yet, so fingers crossed those flattys are riding the next tide in ! :)

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

I'll be heading down but will free time at a premium, I'll be waiting until a few reports start to filter in. I see a few of the Poole boats are heading down this week.

I think they must be there soon, last year we were getting them from mid March?

Nice sunny calm day on the shambles it was, but I would have rather a cold wet one with fish!! ;)  tides and weather spot on and I would say the time of year for a dustbin!. There were about ten boats on there today and only three by 2 o'clock, mostly private boats but a couple of charters ,silver spray and flamer,  didn't sea a net come out all day. I think the fish may be there just the water is far to coloured, its a bit patchy one minute zero viz muddy water then the odd swirl of chalky sandy water at best maybe 3ft viz, we fished hard and even anchored for an hour or so to see if the sent would draw them in but got plagued by dogfish! one herring on the shrimp rigs and a whiting each on the drift that for a second fooled us into thinking Turbot :huh: on a day like today though I had to try :D