Poole Bay Plaice Chase 2013

lofty

[p]Ive been watching the weather for a week in anticipation of yesterdays meet. By Wednesday I could see it was going to be doable (ish).
I contacted PBSBAC and asked if any club members could act as a safety boat ,just for a bit of back up in case the unforeseen happened.Martin Burt on AWOL happily agreed to be on standby in the area, so with weather and back up sorted,I asked the AA members to head down to Southbourne in Dorset on Saturday for a crack at the plaice.
Its been tough fishing this year and with water temperature still seasonally low I was not sure how we were to do.
Saturday morning on the cliff top and people start to arrive. Its always a great feeling when you see kayaks turning up and new and old friends start setting up their gear.
I gave everyone a Wessex  Tackle flyer , the shop that donated 1st prize,that had my contact details on,got everyone to sign in with a contact number, rattled the RNLI charity pot,and sent them on their merry way.It should be said that as of yet I dont know how much was collected as its a sealed tin,but ill find out and update
 As this is the first event ive set up i was hoping for between 6 and 12 paddlers but we ended up with 20 on the water and half a dozen wellwishers with yaks at home.
Personally I only half heartedly fished as i wanted to get pics of the guys afloat.My fishing was up when as i drifted past Paul ,Bet Lynch snagged his anchor,and I cut her away. At least nobody else snagged him!
AWOL on stanby
null-36.jpg

The boys

null-27.jpg

null-26.jpg

null-24.jpg

null-22.jpg

null-20.jpg

null-18.jpg

null-17.jpg

null-16.jpg

null-15.jpg

null-14.jpg

null-13.jpg

null-11.jpg

null-9.jpg

null-8.jpg

null-6.jpg

null-5.jpg

Apologies if I missed you,I tried my best.
I tried to get some "action" shots of the shore dump landings,but youre all to good or lucky

008.jpg

009-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

013.jpg

In all only five plaice were caught,along with dabs,pout,bass,dogs,and a smoothy.All plaice were pretty small
The third and second prizes wer bags of tackle kindly donated by Poole Bay Small Boat Angling Club
Third place  went to Richard H

Second place went to Vini R

The winner, and Plaice King for a year, was Cam Clearie,who won a 6 foot kayak rod and some lures courtesy of Neil at Wessex and BFL

I look forward to seeing you all again in 2014
Lofty

null-38.jpg

null-37.jpg

005-1.jpg

The favourite part for me with these meets is the beach banter where plans are made, tales are told, kayaks probed.
Steve and Cam ,thick as thieves

[/p]