How to land an Alaskan fishing boat

lofty

you know what ..... I've watched that video and many more too and i never thought of actually DRIVING my boat onto my trailer!! Does anyone else drive their boats onto the trailer rather than winching it?

Im assuming Baiter is way too little gradient to do it as you wouldnt be able to keep the trailer attached to the car. My problem with baiter is generally that hand pull from getting the boat on the trailer to getting the trailer onto the car. Ive done the long rope bit, but theres always the worry of the rope snallping and whipping some jet skier. Do you think the handbrake would hold the trailer if it was tried at baiter? ..... What about taking the trailer out deep, motoring the boat on, lashing it down then motoring the boat and trailer into shallower water?   

Im assuming Baiter is way too little gradient to do it as you wouldnt be able to keep the trailer attached to the car. My problem with baiter is generally that hand pull from getting the boat on the trailer to getting the trailer onto the car. Ive done the long rope bit, but theres always the worry of the rope snallping and whipping some jet skier. Do you think the handbrake would hold the trailer if it was tried at baiter? ..... What about taking the trailer out deep, motoring the boat on, lashing it down then motoring the boat and trailer into shallower water?   

Or maybe you should get a motorised Kayak Graham ! ! ! :D

Jim

I take it that the last bit was a bit tongue in cheek Graham.

You need a bunked trailer really and Charlie has added vertical roller guides to ensure StarTurn sits on the bunks straight when the trailer is pulled out from the deeper water. Re. Using the handbrake to hold it - not sure, but just ensure the neck of the trailer is pulled out, so auto reverse brakes do not engage!!!!!

Rob