Kenzaki ?

lofty

Ok tackle tarts.Im thinking about getting some better kit. I use 2 x 12/20lb Rovex 7'6" rods,one with an ambasaduer 6500c,the other with a slosh20(my favourite reel,i love it)

Im bidding on another slosh so if I win on fleabay ill have a pair,(about

Ok tackle tarts.Im thinking about getting some better kit. I use  2 x 12/20lb Rovex 7'6" rods,one with an ambasaduer 6500c,the other with a slosh20(my favourite reel,i love it)

Im bidding on another slosh so if I win on fleabay ill have a pair,(about

Hi Steve,

I have the 6-12lb Kenzaki, as does George. They're light, with sensitive tips, give a decent bend on a smallish fish, and have some power in reserve for something bigger. George's best fish on his was an 11lb bass, and I heaved up a 17lb blonde on mine, so they can take some stick.

They're about twice as heavy an action as our light spinning gear which we have used for most stuff. We both have 2oz Ugly Stik spins, which are great for most inshore fishing, and again have a bit of backbone when needed. They've coped with smoothound to 13lb (which should sound familiar) as well as bass and rays to 14lb, tope to nearly 25lb, and one lone conger of 40lb (on Alfresco, not Frisky).

As a quick thought - the Ugly Stiks are ok up to 3oz of lead, and the Kenzaki's to about 6oz for our style of fishing.

Worth a look, to see what you think?

Mike

PS I quite fancy the 12-20lb Kenzaki too - having 20-30lb class rods which rarely get used these days

Edited by Mike Fox

Well I won a new slosh on fleabay, 60 quid, and I'm going to stick it on Chris's kenzaki when I can get my sweaty little hands on it. I'm happy with that.

I'm going back to Tanners tomorrow night(Monday) for another crack at the smuts, just past Lymington if anyone else fancies it.