Welsh Tope 02-03/05/12

Overrun

Always much anticipated, that time again, 4th year at Tywyn for me. Beginning to recognise one or two of the locals and they us, they've even stopped asking if it's the Bass we're after.

Arrived very late Tuesday night after hurriedly rearranging work commitments and grovelling with the boss. The wind noticeable from the land down at Dog poo alley, hoped it would ease for the morning.

Day 1

Woken by the train, dozed until Lozz phoned around 7:30, they'd all be down by 10:00, launching from the town beach. Stuck my head out of the van, a classic Tywyn morning, blue sky, no wind, ...magic. The Dysinni flat and strangely low considering all the recent rain. Breakfast cleared away and on the water for 8:30, ran the rapid and out onto a flat sea, ...game on!

3 hours on the water at the spot known as

Edited by Overrun

Great write up! You might try a bait just off the bottom for tope, it can help keeping the dogfish at bay!

Rob

Thanks Rob, appreciate a suggestion how, we've tried free lining which is slightly better. When it's really fishing the Dogs don't get a look in or hide, even had Mackerel taken on the retrieve at the side of the Kayak, reckon a big Rapala would have done, now there's a thought.

Some great pictures as always, it really gets the feeling across how up close and personal you lads get to some good fish.

They look a very good size, I always reckon that they start to go that brown colour as shown in the last picture when they get to about 35lb+

well done all

Charlie biggrin.gif