Flatfish and Ray Comp

Mike Fox

I was fishing Weymouth \ Shambles way today ......loads of boats enjoying the super weather.

Tides dictated a varied approach......... bassing in the Race to start, then on to bream mark.........before getting the big ragworms out for the plaice.

We got a good spell of action in the short tide-window; 6 to me , with best at 1 lb 12 oz.

Then on to the banks to finish the day looking for the bigger flatties; no turbot today, but I did get two brill, with the better one weighing 4 lb 10 oz.

Great day to be out....... Shame Adam was too unwell to join us .... and Bob didn't quite get his gear together !! [ but I'm not saying any more on that !!!] ....but he will be more focussed next week [if Open gets under way!].

Alun.

Alan & I went to a number of locations trying for flatfish & rays.

Alan managed to pull in a nice Turbot 0f 3lb 3oz and I managed to increase my boat species, which is difficult as this was only the third time out!

Red and tub gurnard, black bream, doggies, mackerel & Bass

No rays for us except some super sun rays! cool.gif

Dave

Edited by Coddy

So ....I came back early...... I heard loads of you out there spread far and wide on the hunt for Rays  ....tried to contact you but for some reason could not......coastguard and Dave  on Sammy 2 ok.....but no-one else seemed to hear me !!

Dave  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Maybe they're trying to tell you something!!!!!!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

I'll bring the VSWR meter down on Tuesday and check out your radio and aerial.

Thanks Brian......on two fronts !!...... One for bringing the test gear tongue.gif and two for suggesting that " it may not be the radio " weep.gif

see you Tuesday !!

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Martin's Blonde was miles bigger than mine, so I didn't feel any need to weigh it and it swam away strongly. The Tope provided some additional fun, accounting for several traces along the way.

Thanks Martin (& Tony) for a great trip out, on a such a superb day weather wise.

Cheers

Rory

Part A of the plan went really well

We had a great run to weymouth a nice meal and loads to drink

after not much sleep thanks to a noisy spot in the harbour, we were just freshening up when an SOS call came in

Bob Alun and co needed some squid on Tiger lilly. we left harbout at 10 to run to the shambeles and drop it off before joining teh boats drifting the race.

I bass before wendy called a halt to that, then a couple of fruitless hours on the shambles in the lovely weather, a couple of other Club boats did much better than us, as did the lads on Tiger Lily.

But we had some fun which is what we went west for this time.

Charlie

Just grey squirrells and roe deer about 10 foot away at Arne, but they dont count as i didnt touch the trace. I did hear lots of banter on ch6 during the day, which proved i was taking part by being afloat but sadly not fishing.

saving myself for the windy open.....Paul

biggrin.gif