Fish length to weight convertor

lofty

very interesting that it also brings up a bit of info.

I had no idea that the minimum size for congers is 58cm

Put that in the calculator and it gives a min weight of 0.7lb, not much of a weight for a fish that has a record of 133lb.

We tend not to keep them at 58cm wink.gif

Looks good to Me Lofty !

We only need to exaggerate once now.

Give it an exaggerated length and it works the weight out for ya.

Makes life a lot easier for telling fishing stories down the pub.  laugh.gif

Jim

|<-------------------------------------------->| That's not 6" Jim!!!!

Edited by Brian

cool.gif A bit species limited but could be the beginning of a really comprehensive database. Works well on iPhones and is a good guideline on yaks with the built in ruler like mine to photo against, if your not taking digital scales along. cool.gif

cool.gif A bit species limited but could be the beginning of a really comprehensive database. Works well on iPhones and is a good guideline on yaks with the built in ruler like mine to photo against, if your not taking digital scales along. cool.gif

Hi guys, im one of the creators of Fishconverter.

Thanks for the comments so far.

As you probably know there are currently 23 species on the converter, but we do have plans to add more. Id be interested to hear your suggestions for which extra species you would like to see on the converter.

Kind regards

Paul

Good job Paul smile.gif

Something like this has been sorely missing as a really useful tool for people like me who if we intend to return a fish want to get it released as soon as possible and without the stress of weighing.

Species I personally would like to see added would be:

Gurnard (Red and Tub)

Mullet

Bull Huss

Pout

And just in case.......

Bluefin Tuna biggrin.gif

Thanks for your efforts!

Jason

Do you know what...all those species were on the list (with the exception of tuna lol although this could be added if you really want lol) but got taken off for the time being to get the actual site up and running unsure.gif

Im away (fishing WOOOOHOOOO!! biggrin.gif ) for a couple of days from tonight, but when i get back ill add all those you listed!!

If anyone else has any suggestions for extra species, get in touch and we will do our best to get them added.

Also any feedback in actually using the converter would be appreciated. Some of the species we have checked thoroughly, and have lots of data for (ie the Bass converter was taken from data on 1600 fish, its pretty damn accurate!!)

Some others the data is taken from a much smaller studies, and we havent been able to check on an actual fish yet....so any feedback at all would be gratefully received. (Good or bad!!)

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul

This will no doubt be a very usefull tool.

especially to those of us that like to catch and release and others that do not carry really big scales but get a really good fish.

Perhaps members could in turn help you, ie if you are after some decent pictures of the various species for your site. etc

such as

user posted image

Or

user posted image

I only looked at a couple of species, others Members may have even better pictures

Edited by great white