2011 Summer Kayak Comp 14/8/11

seagypsy

The 2011 Summer Kayak Comp is now taking place on Sunday 14th August

The venue will be at Southbourne beach provided the weather is fine , an alternative place in the harbour will be used to suit the conditions if its not possible to launch there,details for this will be posted here 24hrs before . .

Club competition rules apply(please read) in addition that single seat kayaks fish within 100yds of another kayak

Best specimen fish wins, Simple cool.gif

There could be some novice kayakers competing so safety will be a priority.

PFD's compulsory and VHF prefered.

If you can enter please add your name to the list and copy and paste in your reply ..

List of Entrants

Ben (seagypsy)

Edited by seagypsy

cool.gif If the venue is Sourhbourne then parking is a bit limited and a trolley ride to the beach. I'd be happy to pick up another kayaker and kit to save on cars, dump all the gear at the entrance and go off and park. Will it be an early or a late or all dayer? cool.gif

Both new members awaiting registration.

Paul if they paid their membership via paypal it will take a few days to filter through that they are members.

They will though need to register on the forum seperately. As yet they are not registered on the forum, we do not do that for them (although can if help is needed) their membership will be made up on here to club members when confirmation comes through from Bob F or Paul D

Hope that makes sense?

Martin

Ben,

put me & Larnica down provisionally, its 10 days after i get back from KL but no guarantee that the wife has not already booked something.

And we may be pushing our luck with me having a play weekend before coming home, unpacking - repacking then taking off again for a fortnight i cant push my luck much further.

But i suspect i will get away with it.

biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Lofty, just keeping an eye on the weather but after talking to Adam at this months meeting we will run the comp as club rules suggest in the competion talk section , so club waters and a nominated 7 hr period between any twelve hours on the day , two kayaks must be fishing together and result is done on honesty , I will post again on Saturday to decide where most of us will fish Sunday . Ben