Hi from hamworthy

Jamie W

Hi everyone. Ive just started getting into fishing..

Been reccomended to this forum by brian and dave...

I have a diesel shetland 610 moored near lake pier.

Mainly for fishing and family use.

Still getting round problems with it, but brian and dave have kindly lent me some of there time..

;-)

Dave

I think he's over propped, I put a tacho on his engine this morning and the best we could get at WOT was 2,800rpm, so about 1,200 revs down.

He's running a 14" x 17" prop. I suggested he talks to Propellor Solutions at Sturminster Marshall, they might be able to reduce his prop to 14" x 15", the formula on Castlemarine's site show that a 14.5" pitch is required, so 15" might be enough to get on the plane and allow the revs will come up.

My next door neighbour had the same engine in a Cleopatra 23' (which is a heavier boat) and got 15knts.

Edited by Brian

Jamie

Why not join the club, there's a wealth of knowledge and we're a friendly bunch.

If you do you'll get a message from Jim to say you have to buy him beer and cakes. biggrin.gif But I think he's had all the cake he needs tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Welcome Jamie.

Have you heard about the " Buy Jim beer and cakes " rule for new members. laugh.gif

Thanks Brian, I almost forgot to mention it. wink.gif

Jim

Hi jim.. That sounds like a expensive induction lol.

Or is half a cake and a half shandy ok..

;-)

Jamie what engine have you got I would love to get 2800 if its an older engine that may all it will do

mw

Its a transit 2.5 97...

Of course this could be the case mate..

But the prop is way off, so hopefully its not the inboard.

Soon as a prop comes up, i shall find out ;-)

Hi Jamie

I've just been talking to my next door neighbour, he used to have the same engine in a Cleopatra 23 which weighed about 2 tonnes.

He had an Enfield leg (ratio 1.65:1) and with an 11" pitch prop used to get 15 kts. He works for Sabre Marine as a marine engine developer and said that it's very important to get 4,000 rpm at WOT, as the power curve on that engine drops of very sharply if the revs are down.

After talking to him and using PropCalc,

75hp @ 4000rpm

1.3tonnes

1.89:1 reduction

we reckon you should go for a 15" x 12" pitch. Which should give you approx 15 to 18kts.

This prop would give you the option of having it adjusted to 11" pitch if required.

Edited by Brian