Friday am kayak Bmth?????

lofty

Posted this below on Anglers Afloat about tomorrow morning

All thoughts about times,tides,and rigs greatfully accepted.

After last weeks aborted pier drifts due to wind I've checked xc and the met and there's a window for some calm seas with maybe showers Friday morning, so here's the plan. Launch from Boscombe at 6.30 and feather for livebait on the last of the flood and paddle down to Bournemouth targeting bass. Then spend the morning with the ebb and sw light winds trying different spots at anchor back to the start for various species.

My fishing chums at PBSBAC tell me this is a productive area for many species so nothing ventured...

The weather is said to pick up in the afternoon but I should be near to Boscombe pier to get back in if it gets nastier than predicted.

Once again please pm or text me if you want to join this out.

I will asses the situation at the beach in the morning ,so like last week when I changed my mind and headed for the shelter of Poole harbour ,my plans are scratched in the sand, but if conditions are right it's on.Lofty. 07740456081 cool.gif

Looks perfect to me. Nice ebb in the morning to take you towards Sanbanks (NW which will keep a flat sea) and then as the tide changes the wind backing to be behind you for the push back to the piers at 10!

Though I have a boat, I woudl still think this was more than confortable in a Yak!

Rob

wg.jpg

This is the live weather data from Poole AHrbour Weather - looks liek WindGuru was spot on and follows my prognosis perfectly!! (why doesn't that happen when I am going out!)

user posted image

Sea state looking good at 1pm too!

user posted image

The weather window was spot on and the sea was lovely and oily with no weed. Got my first plaice, small but perfect so she went back. Then a schoolie bass on a plastic although I was also fishing a live joey. The mackerel were 4at a time so soon had some nice keepers that my mrs has just had for Tea. The sea kicked up right on time and I surfed back in.

A good day cool.gif