Mercury/Mariner/Tohatsu

Coddy

If anyone has one of the above engines in 2hp or 2.5hp two-stroke there is a simple way of making it faster/more powerful.

It appears that these engines share all the same components as the 3.3hp model, engine wise.

Same block, carb, needle & jet however they way they controlled the power is to reduce the throttle opening.

You just need to remove approx 10mm from the top of the throttle slide so that it opens fully.

The 3.3hp model does have a differant gear ratio and gearlever where as the lower hp models are direct drive.

Thought it might help others that may feel they need a little more power.

Other engines may have the same restrictions so worth a look next time you service the engine.

Dave

cool.gif

While we're on the subject - - - - My E-Tec 75 is the same as the 90 but controlled by a computer.

If anyone hears of a simple way to up the power on mine, give me a nod. wink.gif

It's not under warranty now so that's not a problem. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Although Small Fry will do 32mph so I probably don't need any more power, It's just a boy thing ! ! ! laugh.gif

Jim

4 to a 5 in the same 'range' is a matter of changing the main jet and needle - if you want the remote tank capability the fitting is there to bolt on the fuel line fitting, add a bit of pipe and a y fitting and you're done.