Todays catches

Afishionado

Exciting - you have me wondering why ( esp. given the fishing ).

I regret not being able to fish today, weather looked superb but I was on call for work + bad cold, so had to take a rain check.

From the catch reports so far, a trip to X-Ray may have done the business smile.gif

Well up for Weymouth next weekend. PLease , please let the weather stay good.

"exciteing!" there not the words I would have used,mine wouldn't be printable! ohmy.gif ,as paul said I think Adam and bob are best to tell the tale ph34r.gif

As for the fishing ,not great I had 2 bass biggest went 5lb 4oz a 10lb huss,doggys, pout and pollock, but not a ray to be seen weep.gif

James

Dean and I went out on Maverick and headed to a mark on the whitehouse grounds. Got there to find Overdraft and its crew were already on station so looked for a suitable lump and anchored it. We usualy catch a few undulates on this mark but not today. Small bass, lovely looking gurnard, mackerel and dogs. So when the anchor slipped that was the excuse we were waiting for to move. Off we goes up to the 50/50 banks at a rapid rate to try for Blondes and small eyed rays. First drop for me a small eyed ray, not large at around 3lb but a start. Next drop another for me then another then, well I ended up with 4 small eyed rays with the largest going 6lb Dean managed one small small eyed 2/3lb bless him. We also had gurnard and mackerel here. Dean caught a few small tope to around 8lb but I couldn't get any of these. I dropped the largest fish of the day, got it around 2/3rds of the way up then it let go weep.gif was a Ray of somekind but we will never know what.

Weather wise not to bad in the morning (almost flat in fact) but the wind did get up in the afternoon making it a bit choppy.

All in all not a bad day but not brilliant either

Fished with the new Conolon Pro and was well impressed with the way this 12-20lb rod handled fish in the tide. Compared with my TDX 12-20lb the action is more through and softer. Ring spacings are perfect and the rod has a good quality reel seat and handle A nice rod and good value but I still prefer the TDX

Martin

Pete Snr and I had the early start, and steamed straight out to attempt anchor on a previously productive mark. With three baits in the water, I sneaked a bite wich produced the first fish to the boat, a small Blonde which went just under 6lb, not huge, but a start. Peter took the show over from here, managing five fish, Blondes and small eyed's his best Blonde went 12 1/2lb (I think), and the best small eyed went about 6lb. The last Ray of the sesh fell to me, another very small Blonde.......perhaps we'll give that mark a try in another six years Peter!!!!

We managed a plethera of Doggies, some small to medium sized bream, that strangely enough, continued to bite well into the tide pick up, Pete squeezed out two nice Red Gurnard, and a small Gar caught down on the bottom.

The last Ray to pete was in strongish tide, falling to a bait presented on his lighter rod, so, squeezing my bulk through the cabin window, I managed to bouy the anchor, and drift back over the fish, which was the largest of the day. Another lesson learnt aboard the good ship "Whistler". Thank God for spandex flotation suits!!!! wink.gif

Back into the Swash, and drifted once for a plaice, but didnt connect, and with the water rapidly draining from the Bay, we steamed for home, getting back onto the mooring with a few feet of water under the boat.

Thanks for another great day Pete,

Rich

Hi All

I can confirm thet Trevors Red Mullet has in fact hammered the Club record so please add it to the site Paul.

Well done Trevor

I went out with the boys, managed to get away fairly early to start on the banks at the last of the flood

had a few dogs and a small bass in quick order before the tide changed

moved for the ebb to a mark that produced some nice small eyes a month ago.

We had tope, mackerel a small Blonde 2lb 12 for Sam and later on a small Eyed of 6lb 8oz for Daniel plus many more dogfish of course.

right at the end with the wind over tide making it a bit to lively we went in to drift the swash a few times, one small bass and no flat fish later and its time for home.

Like everyone [that did not lauch at Kimmeridge] we had enjoyed the day but the fishing could have been better.

Charlie biggrin.gif