Ray Comp!!!

Adam F

Its the Clubs Flatfish and Ray competition

Two trophies to be fished for, but both will be judged against the NFSA specimen weight. Normal Club rules apply. No entry fee

Just a reminder that for safety reasons you must have two persons onboard the boat, but only one has to be a Member

so non angling spouses/partners would be OK.

or fishing buddies but they can not enter the comp.

Lets pray for decent weather and lots of fish biggrin.gif .

Hope to see lots of you out there, The boys and I will be weather permitting

Charlie biggrin.gif

BW will be there with Jimbo as crew. Will probably fish Christchurch end, although will be wind dependant.

...might go out to St Catherines for the chance of an eagle ray!!!

BTW: Does anyone know anything about the ground around there? What is it like, how far off do they fish? What do they fish for?

Adam

...... Normal Club rules apply. No entry fee

Just a reminder that for safety reasons you must have two persons onboard the boat, but only one has to be a Member

so non angling spouses/partners would be OK.

or fishing buddies but they can not enter the comp.

Charlie biggrin.gif

With reference to club competition rules... are they on the website anywhere?

Were they included with the membership info that Martin sent me (that i can't find at the moment!!! wink.gif )?

Since the good people at WindGuru have radically changed their forecast for the weekend biggrin.gif ...

I will fish the competition, subject to some good soul volunteering to crew for me on Domino... I will be relying someone with a bit of local knowledge to put us somewhere where we have a chance of catching some qualifying fish!

I don't mind whether we fish from Christchurch or Poole.

Perhaps someone would also like to carry out the check of my safety equipment as well?

Cheers,

Alan

Alan

Rich has posted that he would like to crew for somone?

We (membership) would give you some info on where to fish from either venue.

Regards safety check, any committee member can do this for you. You can however fish the clubs competitions wether you have the kit or not up until the point where your boat is inspected. Should your boat fail then you would not be able to enter further club competitions until the boat is brought up to the minimum requirement list.

Martin

Blue Warrior and Splash Out with Jumbo sorry..Jimbo and Paul J as crew will be launching from Kimmeridge at 7am on Sunday AM - we are planning a little expedition out to the Lulworth, Kidney, Adament, 10 Fathom type banks in search of ray's - anyone else is also welcome! biggrin.gif

Martin, Pete Snr has contacted me to crew on the good ship "whistler", so if all goes to plan, Pete and I will fish together, but thanks for the invitation.

26 Rays were taken by one boat yesterday, light line day, so our comp should have plenty of boats weigh in..............tight lines

Rich