Trailer sorted

z1plex

Yes, I spoke a number of times to David at Ainsdale and i've now decided to go for the Predator, my first choice was, and still is, the Explorer but finances wouldn't allow come the end.....should I have sold my boat without the engine then I would of run the Explorer for as long as neccessay, however I found myself in a position to be able to buy a Tohatsu 50eptol for

Hi Duncan

Glad your soul searching is at an end and I am sure you will be very happy with your purchase cool.gif .

I for one would be very interested in reading your thoughts on the predator and look forward to hearing the views of the Burnham lot as well.

From your last post I would assume that you are either from around or have experience of the Bristol Channel area . With that in mind we have a trailer commodore (Adam F) who arranges a few trail aways for our club members. If you have inside information on the fishing up the Bristol channel area perhaps you could give our Adam a few pointers regarding times of year, bait and best tides for the cod etc.

Adam what do you think of arranging a trip away to Bristol Channel?

Martin

Martin, I've fished the Bristol Channel from beach and rock for 16+ yrs, but from boat it will be a learning curve for me i'm afraid. I've fished from a friends boat in years gone by from Knightstone at Weston where we tended to head for marks just off of the main shipping channel...Clevedon green bouy being very productive as I remember though not particuarly funny when a container ship heading for Portbury bears down on you...rather large up close! There are numerous reefs running throughout the channel with some very steep drop offs, although having said that a longliner still, (I think), puts lines out just outside the harbour, and he used to do very well! I will be trying to track down an old friend who I have not spoken to for 5 or 6 years, he was the secretary at WSBO and what he didn't know about the channel in general you could write on a stamp so to speak, if I remember correctly he had the co-ordinates for every wreck and known mark from the Bristol side to beyond Watermouth. Also a costomer/mate who until very recently ventured out most weekends and through the week when funds allowed,(sold boat now), is also is very knowledgeable and he will be badgered by myself until he gives up as much information as I can gleen, he will be coming out with me in the first instance with any luck. From shore I can help as i've usually done well and have had some unforgetable nights, Battery point being my favouite mark of all, recent years not being as good i'm afraid, but I still do go and Cod will be showing by the end of the month from the usual places, a few have already made an appearance. But,..yes I will be pleased to hand over any information I can get on my way to learning more myself, if you need any more detailed info' for shore marks let me know and i'll re-post some info', but like you I am more interested in being afloat now rolleyes.gif

Duncan.

Thanks Duncan. Due to the open nature of this forum any fishy marks you don't want all and sundry to know about but are willing to pass on to a few please pm or email them to Adam. Any info would be appreciated.

Adam

A fishy match could be a good idea so long as 1. it wasn't to serious. 2.We can get some info on the areas to be fished from the away hosts. 3. We would of course have to reciprocate with marks should others fish against us in our neck of the woods.

I for one look forward to hearing about any arranged matches and fishing them of course.

Martin

The contact I have, who is now boatless, was a member of Burnham SBO and still remains in contact with some members I think, he puts most of his efforts into shooting now but I will ask the question. I am at the embryotic stages of my boating you have to appreciate, so I am like a go-between in some respects, but I will ask the question and get a contact if I can. I would imagine that would be a good laugh. Should be seeing him tomorrow so i'll know more then.

Cheers

Duncan

Hi Duncan

I come from WSM myself so its nice to know how the place fishes now. for years its been much better than it was when I spent a lot of hours [ too many I expect] fishing Knightstone the old pier and Brean Down or Sandbay as a boy/youth.

Adam /Martin there was a report in one of the latest Mags of a Burnham Boat Club trip to weymouth, so I am sure they may be interested in your Idea.

Jim Whippy may be able to give you the contact details.

I would love to Crew for someone on at least the away leg, nice to fish the muddy waters again for a change.

Actually Duncan, my brother lives in WSM, after a recent visit and a fish on my boat he seems keen again.

he has run two boats out of weston, so if you are short of crew he might enjoy a trip. and should still remember a few marks.

Tight lines

Charlie biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif