Hello.

Member Removed

Hi all.

I'm new to the club and new to Kayak fishing.

A couple of months ago i bought myself a sevylor colorado. (I had to go for an inflatable as i live in a flat and storage is limited). Its great, packs up into a small handy bag, i can carry it and the fishing gear easily and its seems easy to handle both up river and out to sea. I plan to use it for coarse and sea fishing just as something different.

So far i've managed a few bream from Poole Patch, a load of mackerel and school bass from the 'new' mark near Boscombe Pier and i also managed a couple of 2lb bass from the ledge this morning.

So if any of you see me out there say hello.

Hello Richard

Welcome to the forum, there's are some very active Kayak members in the club, I'm sure you wouldn't regret joining the club and coming along to a few meetings. You'd also be able to "Buddy Up" with a few others.

Hi and welcome.....as Brian has said we have an active bunch of yakkers in the club.....always "out an about"....and a lot of experience between them.

Just keep an eye on the forum and it may encourage you to hook up with them and join the club.

Stay safe..

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hi Richard, (sorry i think i started calling you dave)

welcome to PBSB, its a great club with very knowledgeable members on the Small boats range with a huge amount of advice on tap from Fast fishers to Kayaks, if you can make it be sure to come along to one of the meetings, there will be beer and bullshit involved (as well as the great advice).

As mentioned we do have an active Kayak section in the club and we are made to feel very welcome as after all we are all fishermen that fish from small boats and have a vested interest in our part of the coast, so conservation is also something we are pretty keen on.

you probably would have had a reply from one of the kayakers sooner but we were all a little busy yesterday in Swanage bay trying to win a new kayak, it was won but not by any of the club members, personally i only managed three species which seemed about the norm, though i also only caught 3 fish biggrin.gif

here are some piccies of a great day out taken by one of the members of the Angling Afloat web site, that is another place where you will find huge amounts of knowledge, check out mudeford in the whats on section and maybe we will see you at the demo weekend, (or before through PBSB) many people here like company so let us know when you are going out and we will soon meet up.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee62/jo...mview=slideshow

Edited by Sprinter

Hi Dave

Welcome to our clubs website I hope you enjoy being part of it.

As others have said come along to one of our club meetings and if it takes your fancy join the club proper. Lots more info and a small hidden section of the site only available to club members.

Take care out there and be a safe Kayaker

Martin

Hiya Dave.

Welcome to the forums.Sorry I havent replied sooner but just got back from 9 days away smile.gif

I think I might have spoken to you a few weeks back as you were pumping your Kayak up on Durley Beach.I had just finished a trip out on Poole patch and you were going to head off to Durley Rock.

Hope to see you at one of the meetings.Its a great club and you will be made very welcome wink.gif

How is it if someone gets my name wrong i end up getting called Dave.

My gran (over the last few years of her life) used to call me Dave, my dad and uncles just found really funny; just like 'Only Fools and Horses'. The buggers still call me Dave when had a few.

That was me on Durley Beach, had a few bream that afternoon nothing massive 1.75lb the biggest went.....with chips.

Will try to make it along one evening.

Cheers