Tywyn and two Tope virgins

Overrun

Dizzyfish(Ian) PM'ed early in the week, we'd been discussing the possibility of fishing the next available weekend. Both he and Adam were very keen to go on the Thursday, looking at the weather we figured Friday might be OK and by Sunday the wind an issue.

I rolled up at 10:45pm Thursday night after driving straight from work. Nifty, Phooey, Adam and Ian were all in Adam's van. Poor Phoo was out for the count, a days Tope fishing in a Sit Inside Kayak had taken it's toll! To his credit, he'd caught and unhooked a 30lber from a SINK . A few cans were dispatched and we headed for bed.

Woke-up at 2.00am to the sound of rain drumming on the van roof, continued to daybreak, along with the wind. Didn't sleep much, stuck my head out at 8:00, cold, wet, windy and the sound of the surf pounding on the shore.

Into town for a Cambrian Cafe Breakfast , then down to the front to survey the sea:

user posted image

Not very happy , we'd thought Friday would be the best day.

Back to the van, sat about and chatted, by lunchtime it was turning into a game of Poker, who would crack first and head home. 3:00PM and the wind suddenly dropped and fell southerly, wandered down to the reef as the rain eased. Sea settling, returned to the van,

Great Pictures Guys.... really brings the sport to life being close up to all the action. A great advertisment for the Kayak, even though I'm not so sure about being that close to the pointy end of a large tope.... and all the "fish wrestling" involved. laugh.gif

You lot are as daft as brushes laugh.giflaugh.gif

Keep the reports coming!!!

Paul

Cracking fishing chaps!

Not sure how you weigh them on board, but I think for tope there might be some good length/girth tables available that will give you a good estimate of the weight.

Is it practical to carry a tape measure and to use it?

Mike

Well done and a great report.

I am really excited about the possibility of catching some Tope towards the end of next week on the other side of the channel!

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob

Cracking trip on any boat let alone a Kayak

What a brute of a fish, well done guys, the big ones always look that bronze colour

I have found the comparison between length and girth a good rough guide but not 100% and not easy to measure the buggers as they will not stay still long.

No other choice on a Kayak though.

Good angling, wish we could get that stamp of fish around here still.

we are going accross channel to see if we can find some.

Charlie biggrin.gif