Hi Everybody!

Member Removed

Hi, The name is David!

The username comes from a rather embarrasing fishing trip and the effects of a very heavy curry and beer session!

Based in Basingstoke and had my own boat for the last four years.

Started with an Alaska 500 which I still keep trailered at Gosport and District Angling Club. Then bought a Wilson 21.5ft commercial build with wheelhouse and 90hp Mercury and ran this for two years. Got the bug fully and now have an Arvor 215as with 100hp Diesel inboard.

Love my fishing and been going since I was six. I am a member of Gosport and Lymington DAC and enjoy the friendly banter on the club trips.

Having spoken with Tom Bettle on a techy question about my Arvor we ended up talking for half an hour about the club and the area!

Hence now why I'm on this site lol! Thanks mate! Pity we didn't speak the week before as I drove the boat up from Poole to Gosport and could have saved myself

Sounds like my kind of person !!! Great name like Dave too !!...and to echo all the other worm drowning, fishy tale pedlars in the club...... WELCOME aboard. Best move you made in ages .......pssst .....but hey......don't listen too much to ol' TB.......he dances funny after a drink or two !! wink.gif

Seriously you are probably finding out already..... A great bunch of people who all seem to enjoy a common hobby, celebrate each others successes and share each others woes. Advice and help abound....... experienced boat people and some very good fishermen too.

so next time you are at the bar, mines a..... only jokin' rolleyes.gif

Hope to catch you at the next meet in May.

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hi David

Welcome to PBSBAC and I hope you find here what your looking for.

For our part if Carlsberg made a fishing club well you guessed it PBSBAC would be it tongue.gif Loads of help and advice here for those that want it and are prepared to put in the effort to glean that info.

Re your forum name, when I first saw it waiting to be authorised I was suspicious and it wasn't until I googled the name and found you also contribute on the WSF site that I decided you were genuine and clicked you on through.

Anyhow enjoy the forum and maybe we'll meet you or see you on the water sometime soon

Martin

How awesome to get such a welcome and thanks to all!

I will definately try to get down for the May meet and will visit TB at the weekend to view his marina!

If any other members have suggestions as to where to keep the new Arvor then please feel free to PM me.

Once again thanks to all who have posted so far and yes this club already feels pretty special! If the fishing and banter is as good then we are in for a brilliant season!

All the best to everyone and may your rods be a bouncin!