dave007

Hi to you all

I have just signed up to this very active website and hoping to join the club as well. I have my own boat a Fjordling 17Ht which I have just restored. Only problem is although I have sailed for many years I have never used a boat with out sails so once I have been able to join I am hoping to be able to pick the brains of all you experts and my be buddy up if I can.

I am planning on using my boat soon after Easter, with the predicted weather thought that might just be the right idea,

I sent off for my joining pack yesterday but have not yet recieved any reply, so presume the membership line is not always maned but sure something will turn up soon.

I live near Chippenham in Wiltshire about 1hr 45 mins away I have done some course fishing but now looking for a bit more excitement in the sea.

I have not retired yet but lets say of have a lot of experience of life behind me.

looking to meeting up in the near future

happy fishing

Dave

Welcome Dave (what a great name !! )

I bought my first boat .....a 16.5ft microplus......last year with absolutely no knowledge at all.

I joined the club about this time last year and to be honest it is a fast track to knowledge........I have learnt so much from this great bunch of experienced and helpful members at the club.

I live quite local so I am able to go to meetings and social functions......well worth the effort. The guys and their families are a smashing group.

Membership is now due so I expect the membership secretary is a busy man at the moment.....You say that you have sent off for the joining pack.....does that mean you have joined online ??? Easiest way if you are PC orientated.

Anyway.......welcome and be safe.

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Welcome to the club Dave.

I echo the other guys in that it is a great place to learn, share and take the mickey out of each other.

I know you are a fair distance away, but you may want to consider coming to tomorrow's AGM. You'll meet a lot of the guys.

It's an excuse for a pint and a get together. The meeting, to be fair, isn't usually the most rivetting thing in the world, but it's worth being part of it.

OR

If there is space and I suspect there is, we have out biggest social gathering of the year on Saturday evening. The annual dinner and dance is an excuse for us all to applaud Alun Jones lots and lots for all the trophies he has won again.

And of course, have a drink, share fishey tales.

There is a pretty good meal put on by the Yacht Club where we hold the event and a bit of a boogie if you are drunk enough to want to dance really badly infront of your fishing mates.

Thanks guys for your warm welcome really sounds a great club and cant wait to get fishing and meeting up with you all. not sure if I will be able to make tomorrow but if I can juggle things I will, but I will be down soon if I cant make tomorrow.