Nauticpath v Navionics

Brian

Hi Brian

I too have the Nauticpath chart but for the whole UK.

It seems to provide all the relevant info and marks, what I don't know yet is if it will work with Navonics home PC system as I would love to load marks down from home and then just upload when on the boat.

Dave

cool.gif

Brian if you want to compare, I have Navionics Gold.

If you are in the harbour and have time to pop in, I could bring mine so that you could load it on your set and compare.

I believe that the Nauticpath is fine but the Navionics has more detail and extra features like tide hieghts and tidal flows [Currents]

Not sure how or even if Nautipath shows wrecks, but navionics gold does and some are very close to the actual positions.

Charlie biggrin.gif

Hi Charlie

Yes they show wrecks and tidal flow but not heights which is a shame as I had that facility on the C-Maps charts.

I find it zooms in well and tells you the sea bed type as well.

Menu for getting the waypoints is a bit over complicated in my opinion but it could be my plotter which happens to be a Lowrance.

Dave

Dave

Thanks mate

Is that the menu to enter a new waypoint or to look up a saved one?

Does yor set have the facility for a second SD card?

Charlie

Hi Charlie

Is that the menu to enter a new waypoint or to look up a saved one? The menu is the same until you select New or Saved

Yes I have the option of a second SD card on the plotter so could even record sounder functions as I travelled if only I could get the transducer to give me a good picture consistantly.

Dave

Next time we meet we can talk through a few short cuts you may not be using.

I asked about the card as I find it easier to use the PC to load new waypoints then transfer them using SD card.

I also record quite a bit of wreck info using the SD card, so I can view later on the PC

Charlie