sunday morning.....

alun j.

Early morning start [ grey , calm ; overcast but warm...ish ], { woken up by barking foxes outside front door !!}....... early enough to catch the rising tide and whizz out from Mudeford for a few hours on the Ledge.

Abundent mackeral [ close in] .......... so had bait supply in 5 mins.

Found a suitable spot..... about half way out ...... all on my own at 7.30.

Loads of rattling bites from small bream......... just as I was thinking of a move from the tiddlers.......'screaming reel' hits a nice little bass [ about 3 lbs.]; then in quick succession....... a bream almost as big, another bass, and then a TRIGGER fish just over 2 lbs., a big pout , half a dozen smaller bream......... then all quiet as the tide 'died' and the wind freshened.

Stuck the bumping for an hour or so.......until it became wind over water when the doggies arrived .......... good time to leave

'Theme park' rides over the cresting waves on the shallows coming in added to the excitement ........... and home for lunch.

Hope others out also had a good day ??

Alun.

Alun,

You have made me well jealous. I was hoping to persuade a friend to crew for me on Sunday and to nip out early but he couldn't make it.

Interesting to see you also had a trigger fish - was the "half way out" anywhere near X-Ray per chance ? ( I suspect you were fishing to the East of the coastguard lookout ? ).

Did your trigger fight as well as the bream ? Elaine's fought better than an equivalent sized bream.

Paul

Paul,

Good fight....... similar to bream ...... they are a very similar shape

....but are even better eating!! Tough to fillet [ thick skin] and awkward shape [lot of waste........ about as much as John Dory]...........but lovely firm flesh.

Adam ,

Have sent you a PM.

Tight lines all,

Alun.