Big Nipples!!

Adam F

No!!...not what you were all thinking!...

Grease nipples!!

I have a grease gun which fits the nipples on 90% of my kit - trailer etc, but the hydralic rams on the engine which steer are now dry and sqeeky...so I need to grease them...but the nipples are too big for my gun!

Does anyone have a gun I may borrow with a bigger attachment - or a solution to my problem?

Adam, you should be able to get hold of a kit to change the size of your nips from anywhere like Pirtek........they supply hydraulic hoses, they're not expensive, and will convert your gun into a more usefull tool

Hydraulics.............theres a thing..... whats the difference between a digger and a giraffe???????

One has hydraulics, the other has high ******s of course!!!

Regards, Rich

Why not change the nipples to all the same size? unsure.gif

Then you can use the gun at any time without having to change ends.

"There is nothing better than a well greased nipple fitter" biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Try saying that when you have had a sherbert or two sick.gif

Regards

Coddy

cool.gif

Adam, they are a unit, a little like a bolt that you can undo/tighten with the appropriate sized socket or ring spanner. Loosen off the old ones, then replace em with the new ones, so the trailer is uniform. When you have replaced the old ones, grease up again in the usual manner to ensure lubrication.

A litle bit like the old style bleed valves on brakes.........easy peasy.

Regards, Rich