pirky

New member....new to the boat owner ranks.....sailed as crew a few seasons about 10 yrs ago. I purchased a 16.5 ft fishing/leisure boat last year and have a relic Navcom VHF....no call sign yet ??? a set of Poole Bay Leisure charts....and a pair of binoculars. Looking forward to catching up with the rest of you with the Nav and safety stuff.......if I can afford it that is !! Only want to fish safely in the Bay.....sounds expensive.

I note that quite a few of members use slipways locally....tried it once at Baiter last year and it blew up a bit while I was in lea of Brownsea....recovery nightmare for me and my son so trying a swinging mooring season at Parkstone Bay Marina...Any other members there??

Hi Pirky,

Welcome to the club.

Yes a few boats use Parkstone Bay - including myself - boat - Joint Venture.

What boat do you have and what is she called? I'll keep an eye out for you at the marina.

Adam

Thanks to all for your welcome...

The boat is "Now or Never" and she is a Microplus 501 (5.3m) motor/leisure/fisher blue upper / white hull (name on sides). Single skin fibreglass hull with a cuddy white spray shield and blue cover.

Thanks Paul J......I went to boat jumble at Netley at the weekend and did the life jackets purchase, and a few other bits and pieces too. Next is the Flares and the a hand held VHF.

Adam F / Joint Venture and TomBettle / Quest II I hope to make your aquaintance soon......I am out on a swinger straight out from the fuel pumps, but will be doing some work on her sometime next week.

Thanks again !!

Thanks Paul......Nice to meet you too. As I said I am in that phase of nerves, apprehension and lack of confidence about the boat owner bit and the new "adventure". Thanks for your re-assurance and advice. biggrin.gif