Boarding steps..

alun j.

Does anyone have a set of those folding steps you can hang on the side of the boat to climb aboard with that I could borrow ???

One day loan for this coming Sat.

Will collect and return later Sat pm.

Thanks,

Alun.

Hi Alun,

I have these small boarding steps you can have free of charge mate. The bottom step has a crack, but ive been up and down on it plenty of time and its still solid.

If you can't borrow Charlies, you are more than welcome to have mine as they are not needed.

Im working this evening at New Milton Health and Leisure, Gore Road New Milton, and am off on Thursday and Friday, so you can collect from Hordle.

You can have first refusal but if there no use, they are free to any club member.

Danny

post-11-1211972866jpg

Edited by Gnasher

Charlie \ Mike,

If MOB was too weak to lift him\herself over the side * [with a pull], then I would use the hydraulics on the engine to lift to a 'step-on' height.

* I've been for a swim from anchored boat and got back on OK [ like getting out of a pool].

Alun.

Alun,

I've been for an unexpected "swim" from an anchored boat in a full spring tide.

The thwarts were too high for me to climb back on board unassisted. No engine hydraulics to lift me out.

We were beam on to the tide race and I was being dragged under the boat due to the weight of me and my wet clothing.

I had a ladder similar to the one shown, in the forward cabin locker, but my crew mate had no time to get it. I eventually managed to get hauled over the side, back into the boat - the bruises were evident for weeks.

How we all laughed on the way back inshore........ not!!

It all happened so fast - you have very little time to react - fortunately in that instance no harm was done - but it so easily could have been different - especially as the engine had broken down.

This is precisely why I have spent so much time, money and effort on making sure that both me and my current boat are prepared for the unforseen. Thank you Mike Fox.

Neal

• 1 month later...