Alderney Anchor Ring

Coddy

To keep our Alderney ring set-up at a distance from the boats nose,ready for recovery,Andy and I use an old 6" plastic pram wheel with one of its spokes removed.It has a rubber tyre which prevents any damage to the boat.;it is large enough that it won't pass through the ring.To use it you just fold your anchor line pass the point through the missing spoke hole in the wheel and pass the loop round the rim .it can be removed easily on recovery.

Cost.. nothing..jack

post-11-1209459229jpg

Corky you have a PM

Thanks Gas for the info about Christchurch, will pop down there.

Jack, I have the "stopper" triangle but as the warp is going to go through the winch, I think the wheel may be a tad large.

My idea is to lift the anchor via the Alderney method and then winch the warp back in. Knowing some of my ideas it may not work! laugh.gif

Thanks everyone for the help

Coddy

cool.gif

dont laugh but when i started i used a stainless steel bit i think they put it in the horses gob it does work you have to make sure your anchor shackle will go through cost 50p car boot sale only thing is you have to thread onto anchor line if you want to borrow you can its on my boat when wind stops blowing i will get for you .re winch is this on the bow or side of boat it shouldwork both ways (just wait for the comments on this one )

If anyone wants lifting bouys try 'conger king'......he has loads of them all different sizes aswell.(He loves walking the purbecks after storms) ph34r.gif

You may have to wait for a while if you P.M him as his computer is being fixed

Gary

Edited by Gazza

I may have one, but.....

I don't know where it is.

I had 2, I sold one (to a member,can't remember who) and the other one was in the garage. But last year I put all the boating stuff into the shed, I will have to dig around when I have a minute.

I'll bear that in mind Gazza. I need some advice first but want to set myself up with an Alderney Ring.

Also are you sure that Whitey Bitey is a Mk1 ?

I think it's a Mk 2 same as mine.

Talking of Computers - - - -I have an old Pentium 500 and a 17" CRT screen, Free to a good home if any members are interested.

Jim

Jim, If you need some advice on Alderney rings try in the search forum .

MK11 you can tell by the shape of the side windows.....MK1`s are more of a triangle shape.

If youre not to sure on using one then i would try and practice in a shallow water mark about 40' deep in sand, with a neap tide.

If i have time i can give you a demo if i`m out when you are unsure.gif

I dont get out as much as i would like...busy family i guess rolleyes.gif

but i hope to fish the bream comp on the 11th(no time to play then though)weather depending........ plus if their feeding well .......'i will be busy'. cool.gif

Gary

Edited by Gazza