Dive Boats

great white

Hi all,

Had another encounter with a dive boat over a wreck yesterday. sad.gif

I had taken Wendy and the boys out to a wreck 10 miles out to try again for a couple of eels for the boys.

Although the forecast gave a breeze and some late rain the weather was good for the trip out and we arrived in good spirits. biggrin.gif

After a couple of drifts I anchored uptide and got three rods out to fish slack water.

just as we started a Poole Dive charter boat came steaming up. mad.gif I was hoping that he was just on route to wrecks in the area but he stopped and started to prep his divers. weep.gif

I started politly asking the skipper to pick another wreck, and even sarcastically asking him if he would like some numbers to choose from. all of which fell on deaf ears.

I then noticed that our boat had moved during the debate and I had missed it. sad.gif I thought that as 8 divers were about to enter the wreck I had better move to another, but Sods Law as usual came in to play and the anchor was in the wreck.

Trying to bounce it out with the dive boat and a shot buoy from the dive boat in the way was tricky to say the least. So much so that after bending the front of my Stb'd pushpit rail and swearing a fair bit I still remained anchored into the rusty bit. mad.gifmad.gif

The dive boat came over to check if he could help. I then had to start eating a large portion of Humble Pie and ask him for assistance. I tied a fender to my warp above the alderney ring and cut it free.

We then spent a long hour or so in increasing winds and waves drifting around the area waiting to see if they had got the anchor out.

Of course we had to wait for the divers to be clear of the wreck before trying to lift my Hook. even though divers are a pain I would not like to harm one while retrieving the anchor.

The skipper eventually gave me the good news on the VHF that the anchor had been moved inshore of the wreck and his divers were clear. A very quick pull under the alderney ring and all was onboard.

After a brief thank you to the divers [ through gritted teeth] GW departed back to her mooring.

6 hours at sea, 15 mins fishing at anchor and two drifts

1 dogfish and 1 Mackerel.

The kids did not seem to mind even though Daniel was feeling a bit rough and had a kip, but her ladyship was not impressed.

I could see all the hard earned browny points dissapearing faster than they came.

What a way to spend fathers day

Wendy said see was still rolling at tea time.

Lol

Can laugh about it now, but I still have to go onboard and splice up the anchor warp raedy for the weekend.

I hope others enjoyed there fishing at the weekend.

Charlie

Sounds like a case of sods law!!

at least the divers were good enuff to get your anchor out.

I wanted to go congering this week but the weathers looking worse by the day weep.gif .Im yet to catch a conger yet this year! hope we get some settled weather soon. I just checked the long range forcast and it looks iffy for the next 2 weeks!!!!! weep.gifweep.gif