SA Catch and Release

Bob F

Find it difficult to believe that Richard's 12lb 12oz Bass didn't win the Sea Angler Catch and Release prize this month. sad.gif

A 6lb 4oz Plaice and a 211lb skate won it!! huh.gif

Unlucky Rich. I thought it deserved to win.

At least you got a Bass Mission Accomplished Badge!! biggrin.gif

Bob F.

What really gets me is why fish like Skate, Tope and Eels win in the 1st place??

Like someone is likely to kill a 212lb skate for the table.... rolleyes.gif

OK it may be a better specimen that the Bass, but the price is for the most worthy catch and release..surely they should be awarding people returning scarce fish like bass.

I though my 11lb 15oz would get it last year - but it went to a Tope....

Who knows how SA look at the winners?

Answers on a post card please??????

The Kids have caught some cracking fish that have been added months later and win an ABU Cap,

But see that the winner was a tiny kid with a fish that they could not have caught without help, or a nice picture of a kid holding a dead fish ashore that is not even a specimen.

You would think that the Editor would have some system or formula but I think it just depends how they feel on the day.

I should not really gripe to much as I won a reel from them on the Mission accomplished for a 55lb Conger, It was obviously a slow month [Feb 2002]

Hard Luck Rich

Still a great fish mate

Charlie biggrin.gif

Kind words guys and gals, still, I really didnt have the thought of a good fish prize in my head when releasing the beast, it was really the thought of the time taken for the fish to attain such a weight.

I do, however have to agree with Charlie, it appears that the large Commons are putting in a show each month now, which is a little boring, and does detract somewhat from other fish that are targetted and caught, in equally difficult areas that are trawlled to death.............still fingers out!!!! Lets get fishing and show them over at SA that PBSBSAC can produce a fish worthy of a first!!!!!!! ( That includes you Jimbob wink.gif )

Rich

PS Debs.............can you get the machine out and sew on my new badges pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!