Summer 48hr - Final Tally

Adam F

1st of all, many thanks to all who entered the comp this weekend. It was really nice to see such a positive response to the hard work the 'new' comp. commite put in. Those who made it to the Mariners afterwards - thanks - it was a slightly new format than previous years, with the emphasis on all meeting for a small prize giving afterwards at the Mariners - as it is not often we meet after a club match. I think you will all agree it was a success.

The weather was far kinder this year than last, and this allowed us to put to sea every day of the comp, the sun shone, and as a result we had some cracking fished logged in.

I havent had the chance yet to work the full final tally, but I will do today and Ill post them when I have - but here is the Winners podium!:

1st - James Parker. Bass, 9lb 12oz - 102.63%

2nd - Tom Smith. Tope, 45lb - 100%

3rd - Duncan Mackie. Undulate Ray, 14lb - 100%

3 cracking fish - rightly deserved.

For me it was an interesting learning curve. It showed that organising an event like this, no matter how much work, and how well your prior planning is - something is bound to go wrong and things never run smoothly! Several things have been learnt, and taken onboard - hopefully next year will go a little smoother!

Thanks

Adam F

...and I bl@@dy missed it!!!

My apologies to Adam and Paul for not being there to help with the presentation.

Still suffering from this damn bug. sick.gif

The feedback I got was that everyone enjoyed the get together after the comp, and had a damn good chin wag. One of our main objectives was to get the club members together, so this seems to have gone well.

With 30+ club members entering the comp over the weekend, this has to be one of our best ever attendances. Well done chaps.

And for those like me that were not in the prizes, what the hell, there's always next year...and that will be even better!! biggrin.gif