Light rod

plaicemat

Hi Terry. Dont rule out the Fladen Maxximus range,My son -in law is a stockist,I have had a good play and testing of some lighter rods.They look extremely well made ,and come competatively priced I have something in almost every weight,but there would be little point in asking me how they handle fish.! ! How the hell would I know. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif jack

You might also look out for the multi-tip rods that are available on the market

The Shimano Sensor Tip is especially good. In fact all their light weight rods are very good

personally I find the Abu rods a bit "sloppy" at the top but give good bite detection and they do have plenty of power in their mid section when you connect into a decent fish.

I (again it is a personal preference) prefer a through action rod - but you can only find out by fishing with the various types and through trial and error find your own preference.

Neal

1480 is a lovely action but very 'all through' - and boy is it heavy to hold for little guys like me.... biggrin.gif

won't get rid of mine though!

can't help feeling the Abu is the deal here - just hang on until May and pick one (or two) up from Mark on a trip over to fish. Will save at least the postage rolleyes.gif

it's always interesting to consider the rods action in any rod, and between 8-20lb it makes all the difference in the world!

I always seem to end up with the wrong type of fish for the rod I am using - if I use a tippy or stiffer rod I can guarantee a smoothy or inshore pollack will grab the bait; go all through action and I'll see rays all day long... weep.gif

You could also have a look at the Greys Longboat rod.

Longboat 10-15lbs & 15-20lbs - Revolutionary ultra-lightweight boat rods with outstanding sensitivity and balance, combined with surprising power. Adjustable, locking reel seat allows for individual reel positioning. Longboat 20lbs - Excellent action, extra length gives you better control. Longboat 30lbs & 50lbs - Classic all-rounders, can handle almost anything! Longboat Pirker - Superb action - this is the ultimate pirking rod. The latest technology is used in the design and development of all Greys Sea Rods. Only the finest quality materials and components are used to ensure optimum performance and reliability. Our confidence is such that we are the only sea rod company that offers a full unconditional lifetime warranty on all our rods.

Unquote

With a lifetime warranty can not be bad. Seen some good reviews for this line of rods.

Coddy

cool.gif