Motorboat And Yachting At Our Open Comp

TomBettle

Hi Guys

Lester Mcarthy, Chief Photographer for Motorboat and Yachting has asked if he can come along to the open comp to do a short feature for the magazine.

This is a little bit of a Coup as MBY usually focuses on vessels somewhat larger than ours and usually with at least 6 zeros at the end of the price tag.

I've known Lester through work for several years and know that he is a keen, but very much less than successful angler with a few mackerel and garfish to his name.

He does own a small Boston Whaler he keeps at Lymington, but has never really learned the ways of Poole Bay Sea Angling.

With this in mind, I am putting a plea out to some of our skippers who may be looking for good quality crew to join them on the comp.

Lester knows his boats and boat handling, but will require a little guidance on the fishing. Ideally one of our more experienced skippers who are likely to put him over a fish that will at least make a decent photograph (no pressure lads) would be perfect.

If anyone fancies having a top boat magazine journalist / photographer onboard for the day then please let me know. I would offer myself, but at present I half expect not to actually fish and instead run a boat around the bay taking snaps of some of the action (I hope there will be some action).

Tom

Nice one Tom well done

I hope that someone can offer him a space

I would but I have already offered The editor of Sea Fishing News a space and I have to launch the boat of course laugh.gif

As for the photo comp I am sure Duncan will be in there and the underwater shot on another post is very impressive[ signs of more competition I think]

Charlie