Weymouth June 2008

cascars

After a couple of good trips to Weymouth over the past couple of years for a few days at a time I am trying to organise a meet there next June between the 7th and the 11th. I posted on WSF to see how many would be interested and got a good response. See below:

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75808

Any PBSBAC members are welcome to come along either for a day or 2 or for the duration. Maybe we could have a WSF versus PBSBAC comp but which side would I fish for unsure.gif

• 5 months later...

Update 19th Jan 08

Well there are now more than 20 boats confirmed that will be coming to the meet from as far as Lincolnshore and Wales. Anyone else that is interested please have a look at the thread on WSF and get your name down on there if you fancy coming along.

Weymouth Meet June 2008

There are a few crew spaces available too for those that do not have their own boat. Get your name down on this

thread with the dates that you need a space. If you are a boat owner with crew spaces free then please use the same thread.

There is a 10% discount on launch, mooring and trailor storage fees for the meet if you mention Worldseafishing when you book your mooring. Stay 3 nights and the 4th night will be free too!

I hope that as many PBSBAC members as possible can make it.

Terry

• 2 months later...

Craig

No problem taking part in this as it is being organised by WSF

go to http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/ and register in the forum. Then look for the Weymouth meet thread http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75808 and register your interest. You should then be given access to a private thread where you can get all the details.

Would you be towing up to Weymouth or steaming up? If steaming from Poole it maybe that you could do it in company of another boat as I think a few are going from Poole

Martin

Would love to find out more about the trip to if i can take part as this is all new to us.

Craig

Hi Gas

As the organiser of this meet you will need to give me a WSF Username and I can then get you access to the private forum.

All of the information you will need is in there but an email or PM to me and I can help with anything else you need to know

Terry

Craig

go to http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/ and register in the forum. Then look for the Weymouth meet thread http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75808 and register your interest. You should then be given access to a private thread where you can get all the details.

Would you be towing up to Weymouth or steaming up? If steaming from Poole it maybe that you could do it in company of another boat as I think a few are going from Poole

Martin

Hi Martin

hope to steam but like to join others as quite new to Poole and would be gratfull for any help.

We would like to meet some of the guys before Weymouth we are in Poole most weekends would be happy to take crew our tag along.

Thanks craig wink.gif

I would be happy to crew if anyone is looking for someone. Not so keen on trailing all the way to Weymouth for one day in the peak of the holiday season, but more than happy to let someone nearer trail there ph34r.gif

I chose the 7th to 11th June as the dates as it is before the main holiday season. The meet is over 5 days, but a few are coming down the day before and some are staying on at the end. Boats are being trailed from Wales, Kent, Lincolnshire and London, with a few local guys joining in as well. I think all the boats from WSF are just about fully crewed now, but a few boats from Pool with crews will be very welcome.

First night meet is at the Sailors Return, with an auction of some fishing gear for the RNLI. Moorings are discounted by 10% by mentioning the WSF Meet when booking.

Come for a day or more if you like.

Craig

go to http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/ and register in the forum.  Then look for the Weymouth meet thread http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75808 and register your interest.  You should then be given access to a private thread where you can get all the details.

Martin

Hi Martin

hope to steam but like to join others as quite new to Poole and would be gratfull for any help.

We would like to meet some of the guys before Weymouth we are in Poole most weekends would be happy to take crew our tag along.

Thanks craig wink.gif

Craig

You are more than welcome to steam up in company with us on Awol. As yet we are undecided whether to go Friday Eve or early Sat Morning.

Get in touch nearer the date for more info.

Regards meeting some members before the meet you could come to one of our club meetings. They are held on the first Thursday of every month or you could watch the trip planning forum and join one or more of the boats fishing.

All will be weather dependant of course.

Martin

• 1 month later...

Just a few more weeks untill this trip is everyone who stated an interest still interested?

Dean and I will be there probably for the full duration. After the Weymouth meet we may well cross the channel and visit Guernsey/Alderney. We will decide this nearer the time with the decision being gauged on how the FPO is performing and also how I feel after 5 days solid fishing at Weymouth blink.gif After our last Alderney trip I know how knackering this can be blink.gif

Martin

I am afraid although I was interested. Family commitments will count us out this year

Good luck to all taking part, especially the PBSBAC Crews. biggrin.gif

Have a good one

Charlie

biggrin.gif

WE will have to wait for the 48 Hr the following week.

[Adam + Bob the invite stands if you can tear yourself away from TBA laugh.gif ]

• 4 weeks later...

Well the Weymouth meet is this coming weekend

Dean and I will be leaving Poole around 7:30amish on Saturday and steaming up to Weymouth, stoping off en-route at either kimmeridge or maybe the shambles.

Planning to get into Weymouth harbour for around 5pm for a wash and brush up prior to hitting the town smile.gif well The Sailors pub at least rolleyes.gif yep I am a light weight on that front tongue.gif

The rest of our long weekend we will take as it comes, no set time table other than we will return to Poole on tuesday evening.

Weather permitting we shall then proceed over to Alderney on Friday OMG just realsied thats friday the 13th sad.gif for the 48 hour comp

Martin