The Future Of The Nfsa.

I was a little concerned this morning to receive a letter from the NFSA indicating that its future could be in jeopardy due to its loosing a third of its funding, which currently, is supplied by Sport England. It would appear that this money is to allocated to a new Government Body called the Angling Development Board (ADB). Its aims seem to be far less involved with the wider issues of Sea Angling and the management of fish stocks as well as less concerned with recreational sea angling.

Maybe I have missed something, but I know little about the new body and have always supported the NFSA as the best we currently have to represent us.

Consequently, like others, I hold individual membership as well as affiliation through clubs including PBSBAC. I could at any time drop the individual membership, but its my choice and I consider it a small price to pay.

If my good lady, who is working were here, I would ask her to post a copy of the NFSA letter on the site as I am not computer literate. This would explain things far more clearly and succinctly than I can in a short posting.

It could be that other anglers are already aware of the proposed changes and again I may have missed somthing. If not, perhaps someone would be kind enough to post it in order to raise awareness and hopefully to stimulate some positve debate and discussion.

• 2 weeks later...