Next Comp

Paul D

Put this one in your calendar ( and no need to weigh fish, so right up your street Mike biggrin.gif )

Round 2 ++, 24th June ++ LW @ 1200 Neap tide

Run as a species hunt using 2006 scoring system for points, then winner 20 points second 19 points etc for overall scores.

This competition is the second qualifying one for the BFM competition, so please make every effort to fish this as we need at least 10 competitors ( and Nipper needs all the competition he can get ).

well as i am working and can't compete.........

Me finks it will be

Lardy getting 20 points

Badger getting 19 points

Inside tips here fellas...........Follow them to weymouth and nick their plotter ph34r.gif .

Lets stop these nipper boys running riot before its to late laugh.gif

Edited by Gnasher

Sorry.......but I don't think I'll be able to join in. I have an invite to fish in Falmouth on a nice big 805. So, weather permitting, I'll be looking for bass near the Manacles; though last year it was pollack and cod we found.

Alun.

Dan....how very dare you!!! LMAO matey...why dont you blag a trip down with us one day....no need to steal the plotter, they are all very well marks we fish, we just know how to fish them and on which state of the tide!!!

I must get a decent method of mullet fishing from you mate.....cant seem to sqeak thick lips out in weymouth harbour...weve only had one between us!!!!

Lard

So - no distinguishing between species such as :

Wrasse - ballan, cuckoo etc

Smoothhound - starry, common

Rays - Blonde, undulate etc

Bream - Black, Gilthead

Poor Cod?

etc etc

and no mini species to count at all?

Neal

Might make a good Cod bait though wink.gif

You seem to have the idea correct Neal.

My suggestion would be print off a couple of sheet to take onboard to record your score with as you go, then send a copy to Paul afterwards.

you should find it easy enough biggrin.gif

The other point is that you are on maximum species points with 4 of each species, and get bonus points for the number of species caught. It can be the case of moving about or varying tactics to score well.

Paul after a good start last weekend Dan or I may be able to crew if you need one

Charlie

Paul after a good start last weekend Dan or I may be able to crew if you need one

I will be needing crew, so shall I count on you as my crew ( could fit both of you onboard if you dont mind a little bit of a squeeze. )

Change of plan !! My Falmouth contact has postponed for 4 weeks so I'm up to join in the comp.

I'm not that keen on species comps. but this end can do well if tactics are deployed!

I'm up to crew or be crewed ........ and a week to hatch a few ideas!!

Looks like there could be a few of us out; fingers crossed for weather.

Alun.

Would have loved to fish it but amd away in spain for 2 weeks from this saturday so no boat fishing for me, only mullet bashing off the socks, is the Med in club waters biggrin.gif , as i could grab a lilo and join the comp!

All the best to those who do get out there and lets hope the weather holds for you all.

Come on Dan........