Does it count?

Newboy

We went fishing for bream yesterday but didn't find any. However managed to caught 1 turbot, 2 bass, 6 doggies, 6 topes and numerous mackeral.

I even managed to catch one of the smaller bass biggrin.gif, but it was thru its back and a doggy thru its tail, would it have counted as being caught?

Hon Fish-recorder I like the sound of that makes me feel very Grand. biggrin.gif

Under NFSA Rules I believe they would count as the fish was hooked, as opposed to tangled in the line.

This was a matter of some discussion when I fished for the Navy and it was clarified that all fish hooked counted.

As we fish under NFSA rules then they also count for us in the PBSBAC.

Martin would you like me to check with the NFSA?

Charlie biggrin.gif

We fished comps in the plymoputh shore league, and any fish hoked in the mouth region, were counted, as they were deemed to have been after the bait, all others were deemed foulhooked. I have no idea where these rules came from.

Just to muddy the water! wink.gif

Rich

Hi All

I have just checked the NFSA website under rules

Sub Heading Festival and Competition rules

It reads the Same for Shore or Boat

Hooked Fish.

The deliberate foul hooking of fish is not permitted; however, accidental foul hooked fish are allowed at the discretion of the Organisers, if specified before the start of the competition.

In the event of fish being hooked by two or more competitors or caught on lost traces, they shall not be eligible for weighing in.

This does not specify that they are hooked in any specific area, but it does state it is at the organisers discretion and should be specified before the comp.

Do we need to sort this out prior to the next comp Martin and amend our fishing rules to specify?

Charlie biggrin.gif

Reading what the nfsa has to say would lead me to believe that they have no problem with fish that are accidentally foul hooked so we shouldnt either, should we?

I have started a poll to get an idea of views here and will ask the rest of the membership at the next meeting

Please make your views known in the poll

Martin