Hi Neal

Maverick Martin

Thank you, I look forward to being a member of PBSBAC and the benefits that it will bring.

Whilst I have been fishing locally from a boat for a number of years - the boat was quite slow and acess to a lot of offshore marks was not possible.

I have recently purchased an Arvor 250 which gives me much greater range and fishing time.

I went to Christchuch ledge last Sunday (15th) to try for the Bream - having read one of your postings how successful their trip was. Having no idea where to go I just tucked myself in amongst the 20 or 30 other boats and had 12 bream between 3.5lb and 4lb - I will be going back.

I would have booked myself in to last Sundays Competition but I didnt know how, or where the weigh in was. Unfortunately it was not obvious (to me) from this web site.

Hi Neil

Welcome to the forum and hopefully the club.

Re comps, if you look on the front page of the web site at the top right hand corner there is a small menu with competition Details, click on this link and it opens another page with dates and rules etc.

Most of the club comps we run on trust, if anyone is deperate for a trophey I am sure we will all chip in 5p to buy them one. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Obviously the open comps require fish in to be weighed as there are many good prizes to be won and the weigh in is normally at a set time and place advertised with the comp. rolleyes.gif

Sounds like you got yourself a nice craft there and if you see any of the club pennants flying off any of the boats you might see give us a wave or even better obtain one from Wedger's loverly wife. (Careful what I say here wink.gif )

Hope to see you on the water soon, let us know what your boats name is sometime so we can respond or give you a call on the vHF.

Oh, if you are as mad as most of us you will fit in nicely. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Coddy

cool.gif

Yes I saw the competition details - however it was not clear how to register if I was fishing the Comp on Sunday, or if there was a meeting point afterwards?

Who fished, what was caught, and what were the results ? or is it less formal than that.

Boats name is 'Court Jester'

Yes - it looks like I need a club pennant, I will organise that shortly!

Regards

Neal

Welcome Neal,

Unless there's two of the same name, the burgundy colour of Court Jester is a bit distinctive! Seen the boat in Cobb's Quay on many occasion, and must admit to being impressed.

Am sure you will be made most at home, and there's loads of tips and hints in the Forum.

I expect you've passed our boat almost every time you've been out!

Mike (Frisky) Fox

Neil,

Noticed you out on the Sunday. You did better than we did ( I should have stayed on the ledge. ).

To fish the comps all you have to do is register the night before with either myself ( Paul Dore - 07887 875964 ) or with Mike Fox 07768 232483 - also I will put a thread on the forum and will accept registration this way as well.

You can also register on the day by calling myself or Mike up on Channel 6 ( Neo or Frisky Fox ).

If you are unable to contact either myself of Mike then call any other committee member or call them up on Channel 6 in the morning and they will pass on the message.

If a boat is not registered for each comp then their catches will not count.

Weighing of fish is done on trust ( apart from the Nov Open Comp ).

I hope this is of help.

regards Paul