Arvor 250as

TomBettle

Pity it's not a 230as . Having a look at one at Plymouth on Sunday hopefully. Any comments about a 230 would be appreciated. I have read that the seats are not high enough to see out of the windscreen while underway and the baitwell only works while underway. And what are the reasons for having an offset pilot house? And the electric windlass can only be fitted to an AS model and not just a 230. What are the differences between the two. Cheers Jas

What!!! Tom advertising an Arvor!!! ph34r.gifph34r.gif

Must be an alterior motive...the guys not moving onto a Gay Fisher is he?? laugh.gif

Jas:

The livebiat well uses an angled direct feed pipe which faces towards the bow, the motion of the boat undreway forces water in - pointless if you ask me.

The offset wheel house takes the view that rather than having 2 narrow walkways, it has one big one, safter and can be used for fishing - useful on the drift if you have a few anglers aboard.

I think you'll find that the electric windlass is fitted as standard to the AS - your comment isnt true - an electric windlass can be fitted to almost any boat.

Adam

Edited by Adam F

Hi , i don't think the electric windlass is a standard fitment as Essex boatyards list it as an option.

Hi Coddy just browsed the write up on the 250. How different is it in comparison to the 230 of stone fishers because i would like to be able to sit down and see where i am going whilst underway mainly because of only having the one leg. Cheers Jas

Hi , i don't think the electric windlass is a standard fitment as Essex boatyards list it as an option.

Hi Coddy just browsed the write up on the 250. How different is it in comparison to the 230 of stone fishers because i would like to be able to sit down and see where i am going whilst underway mainly because of only having the one leg.  Cheers  Jas

Jason

If you wan't to see whilst underway (why would anyone want to do that?) then come and see our 655 "Marlin".

Superb visibility all round, full depth walk around side decks (both sides), sliding door at the helm as well as the usual rear door, acres of fishing space (as good as any Arvor), flat screen glass front windows (no distortion, no scratching etc), flat dashboard at eye level for mounting electronics, deckwash that can be hooked up to a "proper" live bait well, windlass can be fitted... Same sort of price as a 230....

Alternatively, if it has to be Arvor then the one I am selling for my mate does appear almost brand new.

Tom

Edited by TomBettle

What!!! Tom advertising an Arvor!!! ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif

Must be an alterior motive...the guys not moving onto a Gay Fisher is he?? laugh.gif

Adam

For the record, I think that, on the whole, the Arvor makes a very fine angling boat at a budget. ...A mini charter boat capable of taking you fishing.

However I know another brand that gives the normal angler and his typical crew (two or maybe three guests) far more comfort and, in my opinion, is a better thought out boat and superior on the water.

This Arvor belongs to a chap who has more boats than he knows what to do with (literally). It is a minter and if anyone is buying one then this is a great example and advertised at about

Edited by TomBettle

Hi Coddy just browsed the write up on the 250. How different is it in comparison to the 230 of stone fishers because i would like to be able to sit down and see where i am going whilst underway mainly because of only having the one leg. Cheers Jas

Hi Jas

I found the 230 a nice craft but would add some changes as detailed in the Stone Fisher report. Yes you can sit and steer/control from the helm.

Can I suggest that if you really fancy trying one out check out Stone Fishers web site and ring Rob and I am sure he would be happy to take you out or get a group of mates and have a days fishing which will really test out the boat to see if you like it.

Stone Fishers Charters Web Site

Rob does check out days or part days, take the FPO and kids for a day out in Plymouth ohmy.gif .................... only joking! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Coddy

cool.gif