A big thank you to Paul

Afishionado

It was a great day, was it not. My recollection of the day did differ slightly from yours !!

You seem to have forgotten the superb skippering to find you a Pollack ( and a reasonable sized one too - that was caught on that carefully selected piece of ragworm I let you have !?! ), then I fought off all attempts to go over to Boscombe pier instead opting for a spot on Christchurch Ledge because I just knew I would be able to show off my Bream catching skills smile.gif

Some handful of dogfish later I was beginning to wonder, but then a nice Bream ( weighed in at 2 lb 13 Oz back at home ). My first of the season ( in fact my first reasonable fish ).

Finished the day with a tour of Christchurch marinas by river ( to see how the "other half" live ). Then back to Wick Slipway.

Wick was strangely quiet when we left at 09:30 AM there were only 2 cars in the car park. On returning there was around 4/5 boats around, but still quiet.

PS; Slipway is still disintegrating at a rate of knots.

It was a great day - good weather and good company - will have to do it again sometime.

paulbream.JPG

Sounds like you had a cracking day, lucky boys smile.gif

I was building up the brownie points sad.gif I have been like a bear with a sore head today all that sun and flat water and what am I doing .................. fix the shower, fix the patio door dig here, dig there you get the picture. Never mind boat jumble tomorrow, fishing next week-end and summers coming bring it on

Martin

Tesco bag technique I was told by a friend at work. Take one Tesco bag and add your groundbait ( chopped mackeral / squid etc. etc ) tie a knot in bag and stick loads of holes in bottom.

Tied to a line / weight and lower to bottom.

Retrieved at end of day of course, since carrier bags floating in the sea are hardly environmentally friendly !!

Paul, I'm pleased that you got out, and glad Mike was good company!!!!!! (No I'm not jolly jeal.................much anyways!!!!)

On the grounbait front, a cheap and less smelly way of storing groundbait, is to buy the mackeral and herring CHUNKS cat food in tins. Pop the easy open lid, mix with a bit of bran, pop into the expensively patented carrier bag bait dropper, and hey presto!!!!! Very smelly bait on the bottom...............very unsmelly bait in storage!!!!!!!!

Cheers guys.............Rich

PS........Anyone fishing midweek???? 'cos I still cant make it !!!!!

Paul, I'm pleased that you got out, and glad Mike was good company!!!!!! (No I'm not jolly jeal.................much anyways!!!!)

On the grounbait front, a cheap and less smelly way of storing groundbait, is to buy the mackeral and herring CHUNKS cat food in tins. Pop the easy open lid, mix with a bit of bran, pop into the expensively patented carrier bag bait dropper, and hey presto!!!!! Very smelly bait on the bottom...............very unsmelly bait in storage!!!!!!!!

Cheers guys.............Rich

PS........Anyone fishing midweek???? 'cos I still cant make it !!!!!

I used to live on Hayling Island (Southwwod Rd) right on the edge of the beach.

At low water I used to wade out and 'nail down' a tin of fishy cat food with a bit of Re-bar. Then at high tide I could cast from just in front of the flat on to my 'ground baited' bit. Caught some nice place that way too.

Mike