Carp Rod Wanted

Wedger

Wedger,

that was an old 2lb test curve rod you used on saturday, and after the abuse I gave it in the early 90's carp fishing, its probably more like a 1lb and 3/4 now. Anything between 1lb and 3/4 and 2 and 1/4 will do you. A stiffer rod will bounce fish off and cause line breakages because of the stiff rod being unable to respond quick enough to those sudden lunges.

Al

unsure.gif

Any luck in the garage Tom  unsure.gif

rolleyes.gif

Wedge

In stock now (In my office)!

Virtually unused, mint condition, Quantum Hypercast Carp rod.

12' long, 2 3/4lb test curve. Is this too much for you?

Lovely rod, doesn't even look like I have mounted a reel on it although I must have at some point in the distant past.

Edited by TomBettle

Cheers Tom

I'll ponder a tad on that unsure.gif as Al is saying 1.75-2.25lb test is the range. If nothing comes up I'll go for it.

I wonder what I can offers in exchange........... rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Wedge

Tom

The rod i use for float fishing is a 2.5lb,9 foot Esox Spinflex made by Drennan.The reel i use is a 5501C3 left hand wind multiplier made by ABU.

The rod i use for bottom bouncing is a 7 foot 9 inch 12lb class ABU SEGRA coupled with a 6601 left hand wind made by ABU.| also use this set up for wrecking,hopper rig,pirkingetc.

RUP

Tom

The rod i use for float fishing is a 2.5lb,9 foot Esox Spinflex made by Drennan.The reel i use is a 5501C3 left hand wind multiplier made by ABU.

The rod i use for bottom bouncing is a 7 foot 9 inch 12lb class ABU SEGRA coupled with a 6601 left hand wind made by ABU.| also use this set up for wrecking,hopper rig,pirkingetc.

RUP

I know what you used, I was talking about "little Rup" tongue.gif

Trev,

Try looking new. Pop into your local shop - Ringwood Tackle and see Rich, mention Rupe and Al sent you in and see what he has.

Manufacturers have seen the light in recent years - my handbuilt carp rods that cost me a fortune 6/7 years ago are now equaled in quality by the likes of 'Fox' for not alot of cash.

The problem with alot of 2nd hand carp rods of yesteryear is that they tend to have heavy, bulky blanks and sloppy actions.

If you get a newun' you'll get a lovel slim lightweight blank and matched rings with a 'proper' action - used perfectly to 'The Method'

Egg Sucking lesson over! (Sorry!)

I use an 11' 1.75lb Harrison Carp rod with a medium fast action - great for bass and not overpowering!

Adam

• 4 weeks later...