Did You See

Nipper

Sky + it - will watch tommorow.

Been watching 'Trawlermen' the last few nights - pretty good series, similar to Deadlist Catch that Sky ran a few months ago - sheds a slightly new light on things, but also alot we sadly know - no fish, too many boats, etc...

Seawatch was good, although I felt they put too much emphasis on global warming being the cause of the demise in sand eel catches and forgetting to mention that they are caught "en mass" commercially ( until recently they even had a power station fuelled on sand eels ! )

30 trawlers all trawling the same patch of ocean, to me that just sums up the fishing industry . No fishery can take that pressure mad.gif

They just take and take until there's none left! weep.gif

As for sea watch, Its good to see that a mainstream channel is highlighting the plight of our oceans for all to see.

Those same funny cod were on Fword later, there going to cost 1/3 more than wild.

James

What was the big funny looking round fish at the beginning and where? The shop was busy at the time and I missed that bit.

Lumpsucker

There's no need for name calling Tom!

laugh.gif

You lots' better stop it or Martin will have to wade the big stick again .....