Special Trip Request

Paul J

Hi All,

a friend's dad has recently died and he has asked me for help to arrange a boat trip. His dad spent all his life on boats and it would be fitting to see him rest in his favorite place, that being the sea.

What we need is a boat to go out to Old Harry with 4 people to scatter the ashes and this could be anytime Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday this week.

They are happy to pay

Hi Paul

I have left a message on John's voicemail offering my services from here on one of our stock boats. We have several inboard Merry Fisher's in the water and also a Prestige 36 so depending on what John's father was into we should be able to go out on a suitable boat.

Any day is fine with me and within reason, anytime.

Tom

Edited by TomBettle

Hi Paul

I have left a message on John's voicemail offering my services from here on one of our stock boats. We have several inboard Merry Fisher's in the water and also a Prestige 36 so depending on what Paul's father was into we should be able to go out on a suitable boat.

Any day is fine with me and within reason, anytime.

Tom

Nice one Tom. A wonderful gesture given spontaneously.

Well done

Mad Mike

PS The funeral thingy is nowt to do with me but I admire open hearted generousity smile.gif

Hey guys it really is no problem, more a pleasure to offer some help.

I have something of a luxury of having access to a selection of boats in the right location. I am sure that any of you would have done exactly the same in my position. I would like to think that if it was me that my family were saying fairwell to other friends would do the same.

Tom

Just thought I would let you all know that John and family joined me onboard today for a gentle trip to Old Harry to scatter his Fathers ashes.

Due to the stiff easterly breeze Martin came long to give me a hand with lines and fenders (thanks mate).

John's dad was a long time Merchant Navy man and this was one of his last wishes.

I was very pleased that Martin and myself could help and the family who, although sad, were really happy that their Father's wish had been carried out.

Tom

A plea answered enabled a very difficult day to be made into a truly amazing day. Eternal gratitude to Tom and Martin who allowed an old Seaman to fulfil his final wish, his ashes to be scattered off old Harry rocks. What a grand send off. It was a day we shall always remember. What made it all the more amazing was that Tom and Martin would accept nothing but our heartfelt thanks in return.

God bless you and very best whishes

John, Mary, Tony, Debbie and all the family.

A plea answered enabled a very difficult day to be made into a truly amazing day. Eternal gratitude to Tom and Martin who allowed an old Seaman to fulfil his final wish, his ashes to be scattered off old Harry rocks. What a grand send off. It was a day we shall always remember. What made it all the more amazing was that Tom and Martin would accept nothing but our heartfelt thanks in return.

Every now and then it is nice to do a good deed just because you know it means so much to someone.

John, anyone here in the club would have been more than happy to offer the same.

It was our pleasure to be of service.

Tom

John

Tom and I were more than happy to help you and your family out and glad to hear it helped make your fathers send off a tad easier knowing that you had fullfilled his wishes

Martin

The first post Ive read since returning from hollidays, a very kind and friendly gesture befitting reminding me of scattering my grandfathers ashes, down in Hastings, where he spent his whole life either on the sea, or making a living from it selling a catch on his fish stall.

Hats off Tom and Martin.

Rich