Rob Thompsons Back!!!

BigMac

Hi All,

I need to big up one of my mates.

Rob Thompson used to run "Electric Blue" out of Lymington. He was respected by those in the know and always tried to put the crew of the day on fish, of whatever species you fancied, and was bloody good at it!!!!

I speak from personal experience, he was once a charter skipper to me, but is now a personal friend that has spent many a day afloat with me and Rupe on his boat and ours.

He has a huge knowledge of boating, including being one of the youngest people ever to sail across the Atlantic solo, and has a vast knowledge, for a man of his years (nipper) of the inshore and offshore waters that most of us will have fished in the past.

He is now about to take control of "Shogun" a huge 38ft Pepe cat presently run by Colin Johnstone out of Chichester, I'm sure some of you will have seen the boat in the Channel Islands, but she will soon be running out of Lymington, September at the latest.

The fishing oppurtunities are endless and cover any aspect of fishing that you fancy, if you fancy having a 5 day trip for a possible mako within club waters (just), he'll take you there, if you fancy a day trip to up your bream pb on the ledge, he'll do his best to get you it. He really is one of the up and coming skippers in the country IMHO.

All I'm saying is if you fancy a charter trip and cant decide which boat to go on, give Rob a call for a chat and discuss what you want to fish for and he'll try his hardest to accommodate. Listen to what he says though, he's a great angler, and if you want to drown bait and catch "pout and dogs", probably best not ot ring him.

You can call Rob on 07725 563562

Al

Very nice boat and well able to fish most conditions.

We went out on Valkyrie ( and also going out again in a couple of weeks ) and she too is a Pepe Cat.

We fished what was knocking on a F6 wind with no problems ( apart from the anchor rope snapping ! )

Rob is a top bloke, nothing is too much trouble.

When I first started on my boat he gave me a few marks in the region to start off with.

PS If you are going on his boat make sure you bring plenty of food, Rob do like to nab others' lunches ........ rolleyes.gif

Nice Bloke NICE Boat.

Only met him a couple of times, but both times, well impressed with his knowledge, understanding and certainly sense of humour (which is possibly why, Al and Rup are such good mates of his!.

Nice one Rob, get the diary filled quick and if you ever need a crewman....

....My hand was up first

(other one stashed in pocket with mobile phone whilst staring intently at the GPS)

Good luck mate

Tom