Do I Eat It Or Weigh It

crazy fred

Fred

It wont let me enlarge the picture so I cant have a good look,it does't look like a wrasse though,if it is a goldsinny its a new British record!.Its currently stands at 3oz! tongue.gif more like a mullet or type of shad/herring family.. need a better picky.

James

It has the dorsal of a goldsinny, but not the tell tale spot on the root of the tail.

Doesn't have the vivid "salmon pink" colours of a golsinny, but maybe it is 'cos it is dead?

My money is on goldsinny and a record at that!

Tom

Edited!

Had another look, defo NOT a goldsinny. They have two separate dorsals, black spot at end of tail dorsal and black spot on tail.

Also this fellows eye is a bit big....

Edited by TomBettle

i am rulling out mullet, can't see an adipose for shad, wrasse looks favorite...........

if you have a higher quality photo can you email to me an I will process it and repost as best I can with the tools available Fred?

certainly wouldn't eat it (not suggesting it's fugu!) and would get it weighed accurately somewhere (like Poole Angling.......)

money at the moment is on a Wrasse - washed out Cuckoo? unsure.gif

have pm'd email address Fred - any size

Edited by duncan

I agree with Duncan, defo not a wrasse.

Can one get hybrid sea fish like some freshwater fish can cross breed (roach/bream)

I too am realy curious now I have seen the better picture.

I would suggest fridge or freezing it incase it is a record whatever it is.

Mad Mike

PS well done anyway smile.gif

Mike, gurnard are a delicious fish, much favoured by our continental cousins. In some areas, they are known as the chicken of the sea. Unfortunate thing is, as Fred says, you don't get a lot per fish. Bloody great head and mouth tapering off rapidly to the tail. In the Med they even eat the smaller ones and serve them whole.

Terry B.