Sun 30 Apr Or Mon 1 May

Harry S

Dear Experienced Sea Fishermen,

My engine and trailer have been serviced and Hook'n'Eye has been tested in the calm of Milford Haven a few weekends ago - so far so good. Now for the real thing. Is anyone going out from Poole, Christchurch or Lymington this weekend on Sunday or Monday? I would welcome the chance to follow someone from car park to fishing mark and back! Seamanship is sound but the fish will have nothing to fear - I have a rod, reel & line and not much else (apart from 1 crewmember and a small boy).

Best regards,

Harry the Novice

Harry,

How about Saturday ? - Weather forecast is superb. ( Although I might be persuaded to go out Sunday possibly ).

I will go out from Wick, or possibly Lymington if smoothies are being reported ( yet to check tides ) but hoping for an earlyish start ( 8 AM ish ).

Me too.

I'm sort of penciling in Sat + Mon. from Mudeford.

Worm digging Fri eve.

Ledge , Patch or Rough ??

Good tides......... just what will the wind gods blow ???

I think those big , blue bream could be here then. !!!

'''' dreaming '''zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Alun.

Alun, Paul,

Thanks for the replies - I cannot go out on Saturday as the Higher Authority is playing horses. So it is Sunday or Monday for me. Was going to try Cobbs Quay as reports of Baiters has put me off a little - but I could get to Mudeford or Wick (I'm coming from Swindon). In the meantime, I'll watch the weather forecast and read some books on fishing.

Best regards,

Harry

Gordon,

I am now looking at Sunday as my crew member is unable to make Saturday ( also weather now looking good for Sunday - I wish it would make its mind up !! ).

So Harry, if you want to buddy up from Christchurch on Sunday, I will be there. Fancy Sunday Gordon ?

Paul,

Providing the weather is fine I could be up for Sunday joined by senior management keeping an eye on me. Still at least I won't have to sweat in the galley preparing those bacon sarnies and hot brews! No, I'll be too busy puting those nasty worms on the hook and taking those slimy fish off (hopefully), replacing rigs and sorting out those annoying tangles and reel overruns, bless her.

No fishing for me then!

Gordon H

Paul,

Thanks for the offer to tag along on Sunday from Wick. Still undecided as to Sunday or Monday - weather looks good on Monday too (at the moment). If I have to stay at home for Sunday lunch + in-laws + kids + valium etc, is anyone venturing out on the Bank Holiday Monday?

Harry

Hi ,

I'm going to try a few marks on Sat.; weather seems best on that day [ and leaves possibility of other trip !]

I expect to have some of Poole Harbour's finest fresh rag [ digging Fri.] to target bream but will also try Hokkais along the Ledge for pollack at the top of tide [ midday].

I will happily buddy up with anyone new to the area.......... or will crew for you Gordon , if you'd like to share.

Looking good weatherwise............ but only briefly !!!

Alun.