Two Way Beads.

Swainiac

Fishing with a couple of Internationals on these friday comps, they have all switched to these two way beads, to keep up with the European style of comp fishing

They alledge that these rigs, if tied correctly, are virtually tangle free. They enable long flowing snoods of up to a metre long to be used where otherwise they would tangle for sure. I bought a few from Mike, @ UK hooks, and copied a few that BB tied for me, but have found a better supplier in the Form of Mikes Tackle, in Scotland. He is flogging them at .99p for 20, well cheaper than anywhere else, so I bought a few bags of these, and began tying.

The only down side, is the weight of bait that can be placed on the hook, as these rigs rely on the freeflowing action of tide influence and a heavy bait could cause tangles in longer traces. I'd like to hear if any other forum members have used these beads yet, I'm sure they will take off after their viewing in BFM. They also make very tidy rigs, and its cheaper than using crimps beads and swivels. Any views, please post.

Rich

Being a continental rig, Duncan, they are designed for smaller species, as larger fish will probably pull through the stopper bead on the back of the snood, or snap the main trace. I can see an advantage in keeping up with the opposition in matches, but as far as non competitive fishing goes, I cant really see a good use for them. I'm just after input from others who have used them.

Rich

how are you going to atch less fish Jack?

.............. rolleyes.gif

and Rich - I was being a little tounge in check m8 sry

I think the dedicated match anglers are fantastic in the way they approach the sport and amazingly inovative in the solutions they develop. however despite beig ultra competitive ( I am told) I go out fishing for rest, relaxation and to get the big ones!

Glad you missed me Terry. But its difficult to sneak off from,carpet laying and wallpapering {bloody spring madness ] .when "she who must be placated" is standing over you,supervising/helping. Roll on the pleasures of sitting in a boat with no walls in sight ! dry.gif jack