Evening Summer League

Nipper

a couple of months ago there was disscussion of maybe having an evening summer fishing league within the club? did anything ever become of it? what are the chances of it happening this year what does every one else think and would there be any intrest in this after a hard days work smile.gif .

mark b

Mark,

You are correct, however it was put off by the comittee, not because it was a bad idea, but because 1.) The committee are busy enough with the current list of comps, 2.) Not toos ure what the take up would be and 3.) it is likey only to appeal to a small group of anglers.

Personally I love fishing in the evening after work - but not comp. fishing - I like a few hour relaxing bassing or congering - comp fishing is hard work - the prep, the constant moving etc.

That siad I may fish a couple if someone else organises it.

I suggest you monitor the take up on here and then put a series together if you see fit.

Adam

What sort of format had you discussed Adam?? What about a species specific comp, say Mullet in May, Stingers in june,Bream in july, Bass Aug, conger Sept etc. and only target one species per comp??

The only downside I can see is timings, three hour comps?? Anyway, whatever the format, I'm well up for it, so long as Cod don't appear on the list!!!!! I'm absolutely J Arthur Rank at boating them!!!

Rich

If we couldnt get a league in the evenings, then we could all meet up one evening at one slip, each chuck a fiver in the pot, and the winner takes all.....even if their was only 4 or 5 boats, then it could just be fished as a fun match......light hearted, but still enough to bring out our competative streak in us.......

A tricky one

It did not get much of a response, so never took off

but as Adam says if somone wants to take it on and put down a format to see if it works please step forward.

i used to fish a lot in the evenings, but it stopped when the boys took over as my crew and I agree with Adam

Its tireing enough fishing after a busy day without adding competition pressure

Rich your format sounds workable biggrin.gif

but I am not sure about the stingers bit, I think I have recorded 1 in 4 years

Charlie biggrin.gif

I was thinking along the lines of Dan's idea, too. It's informal and doesn't involve the need for another bunch of club trophies.

Boats on moorings would just need to phone into someone to say they are fishing at the arranged time.

It could work...

Suggest we keep it informal and just try one.

BF

I always thought that

1. fish of the month

2. club records

3. braggin' rights in the catch reports section

were enough to suport that competitive streak in most people..........

interesting that the one suggesting '