Merry Fisher 580

TomBettle

Sorry all, very Blatant advert!

Admin guys, would you kindly remove this once everyone has had a chance to view it and pm etc blink.gif

A P/X may be accepted.

This boat is coming in to me as the owner is trading up.

ANYONE interested in full details then please pm me and as soon as I have them (by Friday fingers crossed) you will have them.

Check out my ugly mug in Sea Dangler magazine (I have a copy here) back in May of last year (I think May?) to see what Dave Lewis thought of the boat.

Browsers Welcome (but please don't waste my time biggrin.gif )

Buyers even more welcome.

Sold to the closest offer to

Ok Spec as follows:

2001 Merry Fisher 580 with 2001 Honda 50Hp 4 stroke engine.

Open Pilot House Style with locking forward cabin

LOA: 19 feet

Beam: 8 feet

Draft: 1 foot 1.5 inches

Air Draft: 7 feet 4 inches

Standard Inventory includes:

Nav Lights

Self Draining Decks

Vee berth and cushions in forward cabin with storage under

Pilot and Co-pilot "reversible" seat pods with storage under

Removable rear quarter seats

Battery with isolator switch in lazarette (posh word for cokpit locker)

Built in 100 litre fuel tank

Additional Extras & Info:

Mooring equipment

Anchoring Equipment

Aft Closing for Helm

After market windscreen wiper at helm

Navman Fish 450 colour fish finder with speed

Cockpit table

Chemical Toilet

2 Spare propellers that appear as new

Storage pockets fitted at helm

Radar Reflector

The owner has "loose" fitted a carpet material in the cabin and also a "loose" non slip material in the cockpit.

The boat appears to be in very good condition. She carries the usual grubby grime associated with a Winter ashore, but there is no obvious damage or marks with the exception of a tiny gel repair (smaller than a little finger nail) at the stem.

The engine looks excellent and the boat is supplied with full chain of title, all original documentation and subsequent receipts / history.

The owner will be removing the name "Sea Tiger"

She has been kept ashore at Mitchells in Poole for the last few seasons and as such is not antifouled.

From Friday 10th March she will be lying at Salterns Marina

Any inspection, browsers welcome.

She is to be advertised by us elsewhere at

• 1 month later...

SOLD

To the very nice man who wrote this email of thanks to my boss.

Made me feel warm and glowy inside and the job well worthwhile. We don't often get a thank you, but it's great when it happens! biggrin.gif

To whom it may concern

This is just a short email to let you know that having recently purchased a new boat from your company that I would let you know I was very impressed with the professional service provided by two of your staff based at Salterns Marine, Poole.

I know I probably bought one of your "cheapies" but have to admit that the service provided by Tom (Bettle) and Geoff (Mc Gratty), representing Southern Motorboats, was excellent and covered not just the boat itself but provided me with valuable information on marine inspection & insurance. I walked into your offices on Saturday 1st April and the following Thursday was on my way with my new Merry Fisher 580 having had a sea trial and marine hull inspection earlier in the day.

Tom also gave me some "hands on" experience, which was confidence building and made me more aware of my new environment

Thanks also to Katy (at headquarters) who handled the paper work, a job that rarely gets any thanks.

I think if I had spent a million + the service could not have been better !

Well done.

Regards

Parris Bliss

Warm and Cuddly! mad.gif

You big girl guide tongue.gif

You'll be going all moist round the eyes and reading Family Circle next laugh.gif

"Can you feel the love on this page?" tongue.gif

Mad Mike

Mike

Can we hug and dance round a camp fire singing Ging Gang Gooly?

I'll let you play the guitar if you want...

S'pose Tom will be expecting a similiar letter from me in the near future wink.gif

Perhaps we could start formulating it right here ?

To whom it may concern...

When I've managed to drag Tom away from the internet and in particular his fishing forums (which isn't often), then I've found him most able at polishing stainless steel. In particular rudders and propellors, a task which he can't seem to get enough of.

In light of this can I please ask that you find as much of this sort of work as possible for him, and maybe also let him attend the "Antifouling with an Artists Brush" course that he's been banging on about so frequently.

etc etc...

Anyone wish to add ???

wink.gif